Acrylic case, please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Illuminati, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Illuminati

Illuminati New Member

I wonder if/when anyone will come with the nice case for UDOO. As a very good example of aesthetics, I'd like to show this acrylic case for ODROID:

[​IMG]

Any ideas?

2. seb

seb New Member

As a first step it would be nice to have some detailed geometric specs or a CAD-model for designing cases ...
    I wait for the UDOO Quad, so can I assume that until it is released, no specs will be published cause they might change ?

3. mkopack

mkopack Member

Yeah, I'm sure once the boards start shipping there will be some cases designed by folks appearing as well. I know I have a Laser cutter here at the office that I'd love to put to use!

My hope is that there will be a case designed with sort of a modular section that can be opened/removed for access to the Arduino side - that's the problem with most of the Rasberry Pi cases - no access to the GPIO pins once it's in there, and/or no access to the CSI/DSI ports, etc.

Hmm, I might have to start trying to sketch something up soon...

4. alexisj

alexisj New Member

5. mkopack

mkopack Member

The only issue I see with having the UDoo in a case is that it would restrict access to the Due side's headers...

I'd suggest some sort of modular case- something where the non-Due side could be enclosed at all time (be even nicer if for the quad version it had room for an SSD or laptop HD) and then a removable cover for the Due side (or maybe a tall cover for that side with breakout holes for routing cables and such through.)

6. cio

cio New Member

Not sure if there would be any interest. I am planning to make a Stainless case for my Udoo when it arrives.
    I manage a sheet metal shop and use pro engineer for 3D layout so I could make one from the model I downloaded from udoo. I don't typically use cases so if anyone interested could throw out some suggestions it would help me with making a nice modular. I could make cases out of aluminum, stainless, steel ......
    I have punches to make knock outs mostly round and db-9, 25....

7. Pete@CAS

Pete@CAS New Member

Where did you get the CAD model for UDOO? I can't find it, can you provide link.

8. htsauce

htsauce New Member

A case scheem would be sweet, one with knock out ports for customized use, or have cut outs so all the ports could Be open, like a sheet of plexiglass heat guned over the top of a printed model, maby a model slightly larger to prove air flow, when i get mine im makein a steam punk wood rout out with brass acents,

9. maurizio

maurizio Administrator