Networking Problems

Discussion in 'Debian' started by sbfreddie, Dec 17, 2013.

1. sbfreddie

sbfreddie New Member

Hello:
    I am having problems with the new Debian Wheezy image that I downloaded from the Main server.
    I seems to come up OK, and very quickly (I am using a SSD) however the networks don't work.
    The ethernet does not work and I keep getting a window pop up about every 30 seconds that the network has been disconnected.
    The wi-fi icon in the task bar just keeps spinning around and around now matter what I do to make it stop.

Is there some problem with having both wi-fi and ethernet connected at the same time?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Freddie

2. ekirei

ekirei Administrator

You can try yours wifi and ethernet connection individually (you can disable wireless connection from the network manager or unplug the eth cable). If everything works fine you could have some configuration issue when you run wifi and ethernet simultaneously. Check, for example, your default gateway configuration with "route -n", it could be setted by one of the two connections and when the second tries to setup routing it cannot setup the default GW because it is already set.

3. emil01

emil01 New Member

Hi,

I am using the official Debian armhf is and got the udoo board connected to my network via a static IP address. On the udoo I am have a program running that connects to a mssql server and writes data to it periodically.

Please note that I do not have a monitor attached to it so I have to control it either using vnc or via ssh

The problem I am facing it that it work for two days and then it just does not connect to server, and when i do try to ping the udoo i get an error stating no route to host. If I reboot the system ( via the reset button) then its all fine for the next two days

Unfortunately it is placed in a position where connecting a monitor is not possible.

4. emil01

emil01 New Member

just a quick question. Does debian have an autoshutdown feature which could be causing the issue?

5. moorsb

moorsb New Member

My wifi lost the connection to the access point. It does not see it any more. My other devices still see it thou.
    I think we are the test bench for these images that they keep putting out.

6. Keridos

Keridos New Member

I have similar problems: but I nailed it down to be caused by overruns in the network interface basically making proper network communication hard and unreliable. Did not yet manage to solve that problem yet.