Wifi issu with udoo_quad_xbmc_20131129.img

Discussion in 'XBMC' started by lorenz, Mar 21, 2014.

1. lorenz

lorenz New Member

Hi everyone,

I’m having trouble with the wifi setup using the udoo_quad_xbmc_20131129.img.
    When I use the Network Manager my wireless network doesn’t show up. Adding it manually doesn’t work either…
    Is there any other way to set it up? Is this just me or is this a known issue?

Thanks for your help, Lorenz

2. aws505

aws505 New Member

I also have this issue. Anybody? I see my wireless device in iwconfig, but I'm not getting any networks off it...

3. lorenz

lorenz New Member

4. aws505

aws505 New Member

Yes, indeed. The new version seemed to work with wifi right out of the package. Perfect; Thanks.

I'm a little lost, though. I'm having trouble installing any software. I'm used to having apt-get or, at bare minimum, git. I've tried wgetting source packages only to find that I don't have support for https, making downloads difficult. Is there any way to conveniently get packages on this build? I've never used Yocto or Smart before. Smart seems to turn up very little available packages. I imagine, if this is a custom build, then there are very few binaries already created, but I cannot imagine that the core packages don't exist (libusb, vnc, etc...). Any pointers?

Cheers,
    Aws