[solved]Trying stop U-Boot process.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by sumotoy, Apr 7, 2014.

1. sumotoy

sumotoy New Member

I'm trying to stop the U-Boot startup but seems not working! I'm also confused by forum since I cannot understan wich is the right command to stop the boot process.

In forums here:
    1) Press Any key to stop the boot: 1 2 3 ... ----> Not work
    2) Press any key to stop the boot process ----> Not work

3) on joshua blog. Press 'enter' key when boot logo appears. ---> Not work

Have pressed keys when boot-Up logo appears and/or during startup, same results.
    Pressing the keys above will always result in a normal bootup process. It's possible to know how to stop the BootUp process correctly?

Udoo-Quad, Ubuntu ubuntu1204_v2.1 img.

Just for clarify, I'm using a wireless keyboard since I don't have a wired one. Maybe the wireless keyboard it's recognized after boot?
    [update] No. Connected a wired keyboard, same results!

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

3. sumotoy

sumotoy New Member

Re: Trying stop U-Boot process.

Ok, find out myself. I was able to stop Boot Process only trough external terminal!
    Sorry guys but you really need to create a good starting up manual even online, the one you providing it's a bit confused and many informations are missed!
    One of the main reason of the Raspi Pi success was the massive documentation that let entry level user to successfully understand how linux works even without a degree in some university, Udoo has great potential but many informations are missed (even basic ones like an extended description of every connector on board! For example I got the the Cables Kit and the backup battery pack you provided has a WRONG connector mounted that fit only in the DC-IN connector, this can cause a Fire or Battery exploding since it's a 12v OUT, so pay attention.)

4. sumotoy

sumotoy New Member

Thanks Delba, I was writing when you was respond so I missed for I few secs. I appreciate your efforts, maybe a new section where post detailed howTo procedures will be a great idea for some users!

5. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

We're preparing a new getting started with all the informations a basic user needs. Wait for it ;)