20,000 forum member!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lifeboat_Jim, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

I remember reading comments just a few weeks ago along the lines of "it might start to get a bit busy around here soon".

I just noticed that 'spoormicoma' just signed up as the 20,000th member! :D

I'm sure it was circa 15K when I signed up almost 4 weeks ago but I can't be sure.

This bodes well for an active community, even if only 1% of the members contribute info/knowledge and push the boundaries etc then things are looking good!

Now, lets hope all the preliminary info that has dribbled out in the preceding months is replaced by solid bang-up-to-date in-depth info/tutorials/how-to's etc! (EG the Wiki is pretty weak).

2. Illuminati

Illuminati New Member

I think there are no more than a thousand of actual "people" registered - all others are just dummy (sleeper or ad) accounts.
    Forum administration should wipe every account with a advertisement link in their profile.

3. mkopack

mkopack Member

I see what you're saying. Ugh... Well, we know there's at least 4500 of us who are getting them! So regardless things SHOULD pick up around here real soon. Actually surprised nobody has posted receiving one yet...

4. Mozer

Mozer New Member

yeah this forum seems to be under constant attack by registration bots..

5. mkopack

mkopack Member

Thing is, WTF good do those do? Unless they actually POST to the forums, nobody will ever see those links and such in the signatures!

6. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Indeed, I didn't notice till it was mentioned, clearly most of those names are fake.

Still, there ought to be several thousand real users and the other comments stand. I think some of the UDOO static web pages have been tweaked in the last week or so, so that's good news.

7. Mozer

Mozer New Member

yes.. it's a virus.. stop messing up the internet!

8. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

I've been keeping the occasional eye on the number of registered users from time to time since this thread started.

We were getting close to 24,000 but I noticed today it is down to 16,250 or so. The cull has begun but clearly has quite some way to go! (I assume that blocks of users from the same IP were the first to be culled).

9. ChrisF

ChrisF New Member

Hello. I am a new member, however I appears than I can't start a new topic regarding a question about HDMI-CEC. Is this limitation due to this?

10. mkopack

mkopack Member

Hmm, no if you can post a response you should be able to start a new thread. I'll start one for you though...

11. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

We're taking care of it, the number of spambots has drastically decreased during the last week!