Android 4.3 with 15"touch screen

Discussion in 'Android' started by gekkekoe, Apr 11, 2014.

1. gekkekoe

gekkekoe New Member

Hi,

I just received my udoo quad + 15" touch screen and treid the 4.3 android image.
    It boots fine but the touch doesn't seem to work correctly.

The x and y axis seems to be swapped. Is this a known issue or is my touch screen faulty?
    (the touch thinks it's in portrait mode, but the screen is in landscape. So if I touch mid-right-side(portrait), it thinks i'm touching bottom center (landscape)) The demo movie posted by udoo seems to work properly.

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

It works properly. We didn't experience this kind of issue. The TouchScreenCalibration app already installed in Android 4.3 could solve the problem. Give it a try.

3. gekkekoe

gekkekoe New Member

I ran the calibration but it's still broken. There's no way to do the calibration correctly since when you try to touch the target, it thinks your on the opposite side.

I made a picture of the calibration. The calibration spot is on the lower left side.

For demonstration purpose I touch top left side, and android thinks I'm touching right top side. (I enabled show touch location, it's the second dot on the panel).

Attached Files:

4. delba

The touch cable (the one inside the black piece of plastic) could be inverted.

Try to invert it again and let me know.

Attached Files:

5. gekkekoe

gekkekoe New Member

So I look at both cables in the black box.
    The flat one and the usb one. But they both can only be fitted in one way. There's no way to invert.

6. Suppaman

Suppaman New Member

The test you are showing in the picture is incorrect. When you execute the calibration app this "reset" the internal calibration data and use the raw touchscreen coord. Doesn't matter which point you see appear on the screen (during calibration process), the calibration app was made for make the touchscreen working correctly, simply just touch over the pointer showed by the app as requested and, at the end, you'll have the touch working correctly.

7. gekkekoe

gekkekoe New Member

It impossible to do the calibration correctly.
    When I press where it wants me to press, android thinks it is touched on the opposite side.

I also use a mouse to complete the calibration, but to no avail...

Attached Files:

8. Suppaman

Suppaman New Member

Sorry, still not able to understand your problem correctly. Let me to resume a bit. You execute the calibration app then touch over the pointer showed (ignoring anything else) for 5 points. At the end you see the message informing the calibration was successfull done and after this the touch doesn't work? :(

9. gekkekoe

gekkekoe New Member

The touch is working, but not correctly, X and Y axis have been swapped for some reason.
    I cannot complete the calibration by touching, because the it thinks I touched it somewhere else (See screenshot, where I touch where it wants me to, but android thinks it's on the top left).
    I can only complete calibration using a mouse.

10. Suppaman

Suppaman New Member

Please, ignore what you see on the screen (the touch point showed by android) and complete the calibration by touching into the pointers showed by the app, only this, does it work?

11. gekkekoe

gekkekoe New Member

If I follow the calibration and just touch where it wants me to, the calibration finish, but touch screen x and y are still swapped.
    I think that it is a hardware issue.

12. delba

gekkekoe, to confirm that the issue is hardware related you should send us a video (using dropbox, mega, youtube, etc... you choose) showing us that the x and y are swapped and all the calibration procedure (from the beginning to the end). In this way we can check the problem (and see if it's hardware or not).

Let me know

13. gekkekoe

gekkekoe New Member

I will make a movie tonight. But I though the pictures where clear enough.

14. jwilgus

jwilgus New Member

Hello, I have seen that the new Android 4.3 is released. I have downloaded it and re-flashed my SD card with the new image. However, my UDOO Quad will not boot from the new image.

I am curious, if there was some other boot or monitor settings that need to be changed for my 15.6 Touch Screen LVDS that I also need to make in order for the new 4.3 Android to boot? I was able to boot under the previous version of Android without the touch screen support, so I had already set the LVDS video boot settings previously for Android 15 inch.

As of now, when using the newly imaged SD, I do not even get to the "ANDROID" splash element that normally shows up when Android is booting.

Please advise.

15. gekkekoe

gekkekoe New Member

So I made the movie...
    [youtube]JSFKESvMluY[/youtube]

Sorry I was in a funny mood ;-) But you get the picture...

16. Suppaman

Suppaman New Member

It seem a bug of calibration app. I guess when you touch in the right side (the area where the touch doesn't seem to work) the touch point show over the bottom android system bar instead of calibration app. This cause the click event was not received by the calibration app and the pointer doesn't move. The UDOO team have to fix this issue I suppose...

17. gekkekoe

gekkekoe New Member

It did not work properly the first time without any calibration. Since udoo has it working on their 15" video, it must be a hardware issue with my unit.

18. jwilgus

jwilgus New Member

I posted about this today as well, or at least a similar problem as what gekkekoe is experiencing. If I use as mouse, then I can use the TouchScreen app to calibrate and navigate the screens properly. It is specifically the touch screen sensor that in my case is off by a full 90 degrees. For example, if I want to scroll left and right, I have to swipe on the screen up and down (top to bottom), and if I want to touch the home button, I have to "find" it by clicking somewhere along the right side of the screen. The touch screen input is off by a full 90 degrees. Anyone have any ideas? I have already checked the LVDS connections and the USB connections and cables. They only fit into the connections one way due to the plastic guide strips, so I know that the plugs are not inverted. That does not mean that the WIRES are not inverted though. Is it possible that I have a poorly / improperly constructed cable? If so, my guess is it would be the USB cable since that is the one that controls the touch sensor. Anyone have any ideas?

19. gekkekoe

gekkekoe New Member

Delba, Could you please confirm? I uploaded the video as requested.

20. ekirei

ekirei Administrator

Hi gekkekoe, jwilgus.

please, to confirm that this problem is not hardware related you can try this workaround. We are working on a real bugfix.

You should establish a serial debugging connection, wait for the system to start and type this command in the root console:

Code:
    echo -14,1383,242849,-769,4,49464159,65536,1366,768 > /sys/module/usbtouchscreen/parameters/calibration
    This is a calibration that works properly with MY tochscreen (maybe yours could be lightly shifted) .

Let me know.