LVDS 15 touch pointer off by 90 degrees!

Discussion in 'Android' started by jwilgus, Apr 16, 2014.

1. jwilgus

jwilgus New Member

Hello, I am using the 15.6 inch touch screen monitor with a quad. I was finally able to boot the new 4.3 Android this morning and the touch screen is recognizing touch input. However, the "orientation" of the touch input is 90 degrees off. For example, if I want to scroll left and right, I have to swipe up and down. If I want to access the menu controls at the "bottom" of the screen, I have to click somewhere along the right edge of the screen. So, the orientation of the touch sensors seem to be off by a full 90 degrees.

However, if I plug in a mouse and use that pointer, I can click normally with the mouse, which I did in order to run the "TouchScreen" App to calibrate.

Is anyone else experiencing this? IF so, what is the resolution? If I do not get an answer through the forum today, then I'll submit a Support Ticket and be sure to update this post.

Please advise! Thanks.

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

3. jwilgus

jwilgus New Member

Thank you, I will try it when I'm back in the office and post my results here.

BTW, I do not think it's a hardware issue because the monitor works as expected when I boot with my Ubuntu SD image ... for what it's worth. :)

Thanks again ...