communication between arduino and linux

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by selfmade, Apr 14, 2014.

1. selfmade

selfmade New Member

Hello,
    sorry for my maybe stupid question.

how does the communication between the Arduino part and the Linux part on the Udoo-board?
    In detail:
    if I want to access in an arduino-sketch on a database (mysql) from Linux or raspberry, then I need normal a Ethernet shield for the arduino and the communication take over TCP/IP.

how use this Udoo?
    is the short-way integrated?

if so, then I don't need an additional Ethernet shield as with the combination arduino + raspberry (if the sketch use a database)

how do I imagine it?

oh yes, I congratulate you for the great idea to pack both devices on a board

regards
    Jürgen

2. peter247

peter247 New Member

The two part are connected via serial !!!!
    So if you want to log data via mysql , the arduino part collects the data using it`s hardware ports ( analog etc ) and sends the data via serial to the Multi-core part which saves the data etc.

A real life example ..

You want to display some useful data on a set of leds connected to the arduino part , this data is the number of torrent you are downloading plus the number of unread gmails .

1/ Install firmate on the arduino part , which will allow you to easy control and collect data from the arduino.
    2/ Make a python program and load the firmata library and check the number of torrents , checks how many unread gmail . ( they other libraries for firmata )
    3/ control the leds
    4/ wait a while and repeat !!!

3. Rickor

Rickor New Member

this is my project with node.js in Browser https://github.com/RickorDD/udoocontrol
    It is synchron with all connected browsers and load and save the switchstate in a sqlite file.
    Screen in attachment.

Attached Files: