problem with USB driver

Discussion in 'Android' started by redmaple, Apr 21, 2014.

1. redmaple

redmaple New Member

Hi all,

I asked this question on Udoo101 but got no answer so I like to ask it here since it may be more specific to the android development environment.

I've been having this yellow USB exclamation mark on my device and there seems to be no way that I can fix it.

I am working with android development and I am having hard time getting ADB to work because window 8 cannot talk to the udoo board. It give this yellow exclamation mark in the device panel.

Does anybody have this problem and can help me out? I cannot do any thing if I cannot talk to the udoo board. Everything else seem to work. I am able to boot up the udoo board into 4.3 android. Able to talk to the serial port on CN6. It just that the CN3 will not talk to Window 8 and ADB.

Any help is greatly appreciated. As you can see I am pretty new here, just got my board this week.

thank you

2. bhakta

bhakta New Member

Odds are you have Windows 8.1 64-bit. Device Manager shows exclamation mark to some android devices.

Here's what I did to recognize the drive so I can root it and do other cool things with it,
    Open Device Manager, right-click the Udoo with yellow exclamation mark and click Properties.
    Go to Details tab.
    In Property, select Hardware Ids.
    Right-click the value and click Copy.
    Save the value somewhere. (Mine was USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&MI_01)
    Download USB Driver http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documen ... indows.zip
    Unzip
    Edit the slabvcp.inf file with notepad
    Look for [SiLabs], and insert a line with your device's hardware ID that you copied above, for example
    [SiLabs]
    %USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&MI_01.DeviceDesc%=silabser.Dev, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&MI_01

Look for [SiLabs.NTamd64], and insert the same line
    Save the file.
    Open Command Prompt as an administrator
    Paste and run the following commands:
    bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
    Restart Windows.
    Open Device Manager, right-click that Udoo with yellow exclamation mark and click Update Driver Software.
    Click Browse my computer for driver software.
    Enter or browse to the folder containing slabvcp.inf
    Click Next.
    Select ok when it ask to install untrusted drivers
    The driver will install.
    Plug in the udoo and make sure device shows up.

From there I used Kingo to root it, adb functions work too, along with many other things

To Re-enable driver signing
    Run cmd as an administrator
    Paste and run the following commands:
    bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF
    Restart Windows.

3. mespinosa

mespinosa New Member

Hi,

I'm working on a project with the UDOO and I'm running into the same issue. I try to follow along with the basic Hello World Tutorials and I can never get the "dialog pop-up ... to allow the debug for your external computer." I'm pretty sure the issue is the abd and I'm able to follow your fix until the "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON." The cmd line interface throws an error "value is protected by secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted."

Any help will be appreciated.

4. TomImage+

TomImage+ New Member

This does not seem to work on Win10. i get an error while changing the testsigning. Also i have two hardware ID's. Any help?