Question about Qt5 building on host

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by maatong, Apr 16, 2014.

1. maatong

maatong New Member

Hi everyone:
    I'm trying to building Qt 5 cross complier for UDOO DUAL according the following link:
    http://www.udoo.org/ProjectsAndTutorials/how-to-build-qt5-for-udoo/?portfolioID=1394
    and now I have a few questions:
    first is that, I've download Qt 5.2 from Qt official website, and installed it with online installer, so I want to know that is there other things I need to do before build the cross complier?
    And the second question is, I don't quite know about the file system, I've creat a SD card with ubuntu 12.04 image, so should I also choose ubuntu 12.04 flie system when I build the complier too?
    "As target filesystem you can use your filesystem on the micro SD card for UDOO board, that you created before. On the host machine you will find it under the /media directory." I don't quite get the means of this sentence, does it mean that when I connect the board to the host, the file system of the board will appear at /media?
    Thank you very much.

Yini

2. Nat

Nat New Member

Hi Maatong,
    I would like to clarify a few things...
    You need the pure Qt source code, not Qt with online installer (because that is not cross-compiled, but regular Qt for PC). So, you better follow the tutorial's steps, where it is explained how to get the Qt source code from Git repository.
    As for your second question... "as target filesystem you can use your filesystem on the micro SD card for UDOO board, that you created before", connected to your host machine via USB memory card reader for micro SD. I hope now it is more clear. "On the host machine you will find it under the /media directory."

Regards,
    Nat

3. maatong

maatong New Member

hi Nat:
    Thank you for the responding.
    I've built the Qt5 for the board according to the steps of the tutorial's.
    And there's another problem, I listed it here:
    board-hangs-when-runs-programs-t1330.html
    Do you have any idea about this issue?
    Thanks.