Board hangs up when runs Qt programs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by maatong, Apr 21, 2014.

1. maatong

maatong New Member

Hi everyone:
    I've build qt5 for the board according to the tutorials.
    But when I tried to run the Qt3D examples provided by the website. The program can run on the board, but I can't close the program, I've tried many ways to exit, but didn't work. I have to reset the board to return to the system.
    And when I tried to run my own program, similar things happened as well, the GUI of the program can be loaded, but I can't press buttons or do other operations with the program, the board just hang up there.
    So can anyone give me a hint that what happened to the board?
    Thanks.

Yini

2. kmedghaith

kmedghaith New Member

Hello,

I have the same issue: the program is launched in full screen mode and no way to close it or interact with is with the mouse or the keyboard.

MG

3. Nat

Nat New Member

Hi guys,
    Have you ever tried to access the filesystem on your udoo board (via ssh or serial) as root .... So, do login: root password: ubuntu
    You need to have the root permission to access the input devices under /dev/input/ And try again your mouse and touch input on your app running.
    To terminate the Qt examples press ctrl+c keys, you can use command kill -9 "process number", as well (before run the command "ps -ax" to find out the process number first), but this will bring you back to the terminal command prompt, but not to the Ubuntu gnome session. To get back to the last one we need Qt build configuration for X11 with window system instead, not for the frame buffer we actually have.
    Regards,
    Nat

4. maatong

maatong New Member

Hi Nat:
    Thanks a lot for your respond.
    And I'm trying your method.
    Now I logged in as root, and I can use mouse and keyboard in program now.
    But in 3D program, I still can't exit.
    And in dialog program, I can press the mouse, but after that, the board will froze for a few seconds. And this program can't be exitted from either.
    So have you met the same problem before?

5. nicola

nicola Member