audio and video problems

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by hnorte, Feb 12, 2014.

1. hnorte

hnorte New Member

Hello everyone, I just started using the udoo, everything ok, but the audio does not work and VLC or other programs to see video are not working. What can I do? There are drivers to install? I can not understand. I have a ubuntu12.04 with udoo quad.
    thanks

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Don't use VLC, use the media player we installed on Ubuntu.

3. hnorte

hnorte New Member

The media player we installed on Ubuntu not running, I tried reinstalling, but I have always the same problem.

4. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

mmm weird, i'm using it and it works well. I've got the last release of Ubuntu 12.04 installed, maybe you should try to reflash the SD with that: http://www.udoo.org/downloads/

5. kindiss

kindiss Member

For me not worked too, until i selected another audio device sound output "vt1613-audio Analog Stereo"

6. audiogio99

audiogio99 New Member

I just bought UDOO quad, and being experimenting a little.

I intalled VLC too and in facts doesn't work with videos (for audio is working, provided you select the correct output).

I have however a strange issue on audio out (not or at least far far less on hdmi): from audio out I get a very nasty popping noise which makes it impossible to use for music reproduction (at least in my view... but I have rather high quality requirements for music... ). This does not happen with HDMI output through a TV set (probably there is some noise but is not popping and rather low level). It si not depending from the program you use (either VLC and the preinstalled one have the same sound...)

As I have never read anything about this rather evident issue, I was wondering if it's only my unit which shows this beviour, or it is a common... feature.

In facts, I have loaded the unit with some extra sw (Vino, vlc, ...) , and I doubt there might be some unwanted interaction.

Kind regards
    Giorgio

7. gonnella

gonnella New Member

VLC is really needed, it's the only player that works well with every file, it would be a pitty not to have it! is there any way to make it work?
    I have been trying so hard!

8. attila85

attila85 New Member

please, run vlc on udoo. I do not care what OS. I tried Android and I do not download ago ... I tried to install it on UDOObuntu, Linaro Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Linaro Ubuntu 11.10 but when I download vlc does not work and I do not even work anymore movie player