where are all the repos? and package manager?

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by DracoLlasa, Oct 16, 2013.

1. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Robbob you're right sorry about that, our bad. Glad to know that you managed to install it by yourself :)

2. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

wow thats very strange i havent heard that one yet.. nonetheless im glad you got it working

3. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Hey, no problem, when you do add it can you review the various repositories and ensure the right ones are added in synaptic and/or the /etc/apt/sources.list file so new users dont have this issue at all in the future?

4. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Ok got it. If you have any other requests (software, packages etc) just let me know ;)

5. profoundWHALE

profoundWHALE New Member

The problem is MOST packages are armhf, which actually run fine, but good luck trying to get the multi-arch armhf command to work in dpkg.

Instead I just went for a fresh install of ubuntu but armhf instead. Unity3d won't work right until you get open working though, and I still haven't. I have no idea what I'm doing

6. asvaldr

asvaldr New Member

Im trying to enable the other repos from synaptic like in the tutorial but the options aren't the same.

In synaptic when i go 'Settings/Repositories', it shows a completely different window with just a table but do tick box options. I have no idea how to populate the table with a ppa?

7. ms20mini

ms20mini New Member

@ pjc123 : I think you're right. Moreover the UDOO board will never reach the potential of the community around the Raspberry Pi. If I had to do it an other time, I will choose an other card than this UDOO board with 3 dudes working to build gadgets as tutorials. Is there not an other way for the company Seco or Aidilab to make their own publicity than this UDOO board ?

8. moorsb

moorsb New Member

Why not post a tutorial how to build from source the applications? Then have a website where they can be uploaded and shared?

9. batchku

batchku New Member

i'm finding that i'm not able to install some basic things (like openssl or gstreamer) with apt-get
    it reports that packages aren't found.

i've tried "sudo apt-get update" and "upgrade" but still my apt-get constantly reports "unable to locate package"

i added the other repos that Patola has listed but that didn't help.

anyone else having this issue?

10. batchku

batchku New Member

I've been struggling with the same missing elements as well.
    Besides issues with available libraries/package managers:
    I'm also finding the need for something like WiringPi (http://wiringpi.com/) to be absolutely critical. Is anyone working on something along those lines, i.e. "C" and command line control of GPIO functionality?