Downloadable ROOTED Android 4.3 image for Udoo Quad?

Discussion in 'Android' started by frudman, May 19, 2014.

1. frudman

frudman Member

A lot of issues we're having with development on Android 4.3 with Udoo seem to come back to the image available for download on your site is not rooted.

Since this is an experimental platform (with lots of limitations, at least with Android 4.3), is there any reason why you wouldn't have available an already-rooted image for download as well? An ETA perhaps?

It's painful to work with Android 4.3 on Udoo at this point (e.g. bluetooth not working, wifi unstable, no access to 'Android/Process' functions (via 'su')) and a rooted image would go some distance to alleviate many issues (e.g. file system I/O, 'su'-functions).

I've read the earlier post about how to do it manually but it's a long, arduous process requiring familiarity (and access) to a linux machine that we don't have (we're a mac and windows shop and juggling between those already to bootstrap udoo). And the post hints that it may not work for everyone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

liijoh likes this.
  2. eric

eric New Member

I agree that there should be a rooted image available for download. But right now there isn't. As for having access to a Linux machine, the simplest thing (and what I did when rooting myself) was to download Ubuntu and Virtualbox and use that. USB passthrough works perfect.
    Maybe try it out while we wait.

3. YannXplorer

YannXplorer New Member

Hi,

I have the same trouble.
    Could you please give us the link in order to follow the procedure that you speak above.

Thx.