Build u-boot - compile.sh comfiguration problem

Discussion in 'Android' started by udoid, Mar 9, 2014.

1. udoid

udoid New Member

I'm having some problems configuring the build environment for u-boot. I'm following the instructions given at http://www.elinux.org/UDOO_compile_android_4-2-2_from_sources#Build_u-boot. The problem arise when I try :

Code:
    ./compile.sh -c
    My machine appears to 'hang' and nothing happens. What I think happens is the script is stuck in a continuous loop as I've had a look in the script compile.sh and placed an echo command at line 542 for debug purposes, and it gets printed repeatedly. If I run compile.sh without any options uboot appears to be compiled ok.

However when I go on to compile the Android sources and upon completion run it in the emulator, it never starts. I thought the problem was perhaps with uboot because I hadn't configured it correctly.

I'm not an expert bash scripter so does anyone have any suggestions what is wrong when I use compile.sh -c?

Also note that I am not using the recommended Ubuntu 10.04 but Mint 14 (Ubuntu 12.10).

2. kjhoremans

kjhoremans New Member

I had this problem as well, took a while to debug it. It turns out the script uses the 'dialog' command, to display a text dialog box to configure the uboot build. if you don't have 'dialog' it gets into a print error loop. The easiest way to fix it is to install 'dialog' using "sudo apt-get install dialog". You should have a text dialog show up on the next run through of the script.

You can also modify the config file directly rather than using the script, and compile without the UI.