Android Access Point Tethering

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by cxmu, Jun 2, 2014.

1. cxmu

cxmu New Member

I noticed under the Android build the built in tethering feature doesn't work, and since I need this feature to work I did some investigation. I submitted a support ticket, but someone on the forums might find this information to be useful or even be able to provide some answers of their own to help me.

As root, I issued these commands:
    Now I am able to see the network. So now I know that the card DOES support adhoc mode and that it does indeed work under Android using the precompiled builds in your download section, and that the UI itself is borked.

[​IMG]

However, there seems to be a reason that it throws an error in the UI. When I have a WEP key assigned I can't connect to it, however when I remove encryption all together I am able to establish a connection and maintain it but it doesn't seem to assign the udoo a pingable ip address. Also if I am using Windows, connecting to the Udoo Adhoc hotspot will sometimes choke my PC cpu and force me to restart.

I am running an httpd on the udoo and need to make it accessible through this adhoc connection so that it can be configured wirelessly without having to be connected to a wifi network. It's been a long time since I've dealt with wireless networking so I could be missing something really simple.

Any suggestions?

2. cxmu

cxmu New Member

[​IMG]

I made progress, but I'm still unable to ping the Udoo.
    At least I know it's a problem with dhcpc and not the wifi card itself.