UDOObuntu (Beta) is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delba, May 29, 2014.

1. salouma

salouma Member

This OS seems very great,

Is someone is able to give how can we get XBMC running on this distribution ? (Stephan Rafin did excellent work for XMBC in yocto maybe it will help ?)

2. oktavio1

oktavio1 New Member

Good work guys! UDOObuntu rocks!

Why v4l doesn't detect video0 ( Microsoft Corp. LifeCam VX-1000), there is not support for webcams?
    I would like to work with a webcam and opencv,
    Someone who solve this problem?

Code:
    ubuntu@udoobuntu: ~ $ v4l2-ctl --list-devices
    DISP3 BG ():
    	/dev/video16
    	/dev/video17
    	/dev/video18
    	/dev/video19
    	/dev/video20

vivi (vivi-000):
    	/dev/video2

Failed to open /dev/video0: Resource temporarily unavailable
    ubuntu@udoobuntu: ~ $ lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
    Bus 002 Device 007: ID 413c:2005 Dell Computer Corp. RT7D50 Keyboard
    Bus 002 Device 004: ID 045e:00f7 Microsoft Corp. LifeCam VX-1000
    Bus 002 Device 005: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter
    ubuntu@udoobuntu: ~ $

3. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

I was using OpenCV yesterday, with UDOOBuntu. My USB Webcam was recognized as video3, try with that. Or, just look at /dev/video before and after pluggin your cam. So you can spot its device number.
    Anyway, we want to investigate this issues, please report your progresses.
    As for the newer kernels, we are stick to this one until freescale will support newer ones (and there will be reasonable stability assurances on them)

4. Ionut

Ionut New Member

Freescale has released 3.10.17_1.0.0_ga

5. Flamenawer

Flamenawer Member

Please, is abble xbox 360 pad, and PSP EYE CAM (driver,not remember the name) modules on recompiled kernel? any tutorial for this or make a workgroup for make a new kernel ?

Excuse my bad english.

6. oktavio1

oktavio1 New Member

HI,
    i try this disconnect and plugin, there is no video device assigned to the webcam

lsusb

and

ls /dev/vi*

the same only video0,1,2 and video16,17,18,19,20

the same with debian jasmx kernel 3.10.17

I see and an official comment in facebook from #UDOO camera module is working with OpenCV !, but the camera is the CSI camera (this one have full support), but someone sometime works with modified cameras like irwebcams

7. emrebektas

emrebektas New Member

I tested udoobuntu and it works really fast. Thanks for this distribution . I would like to see Node.js and latest python.

8. nickw

nickw New Member

Has anyone got wireless AP running ?

9. glenskie16

glenskie16 New Member

Can this play 1080p streaming online ?

10. glenskie16

glenskie16 New Member

How can nobody know this ?

11. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

It depends on the technology behind streaming. If you want flash, then no. If you can grab the stream via other players, it can.
    We are however working to improve that.

12. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

We rebuilded the kernel with more modules support (webcams, playstation eye, kinect, dvb-tuners, ps3 joypad). Please report which modules you would like to see included. I will make a tutorial on that...

13. va-matt

va-matt New Member

iptables please!

Matthew

14. glenskie16

glenskie16 New Member

What about HTML5 <video> tags ? in chromium ? Raspberry pi could not do it and i was hoping udoo can ...

15. rrbecker

rrbecker New Member

Hi All I am new to the Site and to UDOO. Sadly I do not yet have my UDOO but I want to introduce myself and to follow this thread.

The remote access strategy is what I am most interested in. I would like to see a Boot Up sequence developed that would allow the elimination of a Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor altogether. Access to UDOO would then be through the Remote Terminal interface....

I would love to hear from anyone that might be interested in something like this as well.. I would be happy to share my ideas...

rrbecker

16. flipsa

flipsa New Member

Just installed udoobuntu and while i am impressed with overall speed and all, i found a few problems. the one that is bugging me the most right now is that i can't play MP3 files, because all players that rely on libmad produce segmentation faults.

any clue how to make libmad behave?

UPDATE: i just complied libmad from the sources and it's working now, sort of. i have a 'cracking' sound when playing mp3s. will investigate further and update here when solved...

17. schmidtbag

schmidtbag New Member

I've never heard of libmad before. Have you tried VLC? As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't rely on that. You could also try using and older version of libmad.

18. flipsa

flipsa New Member

VLC, like most audioplayers, requires libmad for playing MP3 (and other related formats). Also, see my update to the previous post: compiling libmad myself helped, i can play MP3 now, but there's some audio quality issues now (which i am trying to get sorted)...

Can you successfully play MP3 files in udoobuntu?

19. flipsa

flipsa New Member

So, adding to my previous posts: there is virtually no audio / video support in this release:
    - madlib0 is broken (and I have yet to fix the quality problems with the self compiled version)
    - no xvideo support through vivante driver, so video playback is only possible with the very slow x11 drivers
    - even though openGL seems to be in the vivante driver, glxgears fails (black screen). weird?!?

while for some people, AV is probably not really important, i think this could really need some more work. but that's just my 0.02$

20. ekirei

ekirei Administrator

Hi guys,

we've just updated the UDOObuntu Beta to its second release (Beta2) and it's now available in the download section:
    http://www.udoo.org/downloads/

We've added lots of usefull drivers in the kernel and some software like Codeblocks, PureData, a Virtual Keyboard, OpenCv, a WebCam utility that works with our UDOO camera module, Bluefish and much more.

We've tried to follow your feedback and suggestions, thanks to everyone. ;) ;)

Please, we ask again to you to try this new version and go on to send us your feedback here to keep improving this work.