Some Problems with UDOObuntu

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by CRUTSI_Paprika, Jun 7, 2014.

1. CRUTSI_Paprika

CRUTSI_Paprika New Member

Hey guys,

i have there some Problems with UDOObuntu and i hope somebody can help me!

First i cant open the Lubuntu Software Center!

The next Problem is that i cant change the Language! I installed some German language Packages the way i found at some Wikis but it doesnt work! I need to change my the keyboard Layout! I really cant type with the US Layout!

But that two Problems arent the important once! The IMPORTANT Problem is that if i play a video in the Chromium Browser its Lagging like i am Playing Battlefield 4 on a Pentium 2! And the sound does it Harder! Somebody have a way to fix this? I want to use my UDOO Quad as a Home Entertainment system if i am not Programming it!

Thanks for any help a very desperate Linux Beginner!

2. emrebektas

emrebektas New Member

You can change keyboard layout easly.
    first open terminal and write
    sudo nano /etc/default/keyboard
    you will see
    XKBLAYOUT="us"
    and change your country
    XKBLAYOUT="de"
    and save it.
    i solved my problem with this method.

3. CRUTSI_Paprika

Thx for the Help but that not the way it solves the Problem! Actually i used "sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration" that solves my Problem!

Now anyone knows a Solution for my other Problems?

4. jrk

jrk New Member

Analog Audio is skipping like a broken record.

I am also unable to get VLC running without crashing off the distro install.

5. CRUTSI_Paprika

Mhm Analog Audio i dont know but the hdmi is lagging too. Now i installed the Adobe Flash Player and Mozilla Firefox. The sound is now ok but the Video is lagging now!

6. alvaro0811

alvaro0811 New Member

There are issues with the Udoo Quad version of the second beta of this distro.

First, the wireless connection does not work (it sees the networks but cannot connect). Second, the wired connection cannot be edited and e.g. you cannot change the ethernet address from DHCP to a fixed one.

Hope someone will take care of these issues.

All the best

A

7. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Of course we will. As you can see the distro is still in beta so we're working to improve it with your suggestions and feedbacks.

8. jeoliva

jeoliva New Member

Hi all,

First of all, thank you very much delba for the great work you all are doing with Udoo. Both in the hardware side and in the software one. The software side (images) still needs some improvements to make them more stable but all is going forward and I am sure we will enjoy fully mature software in our UDOO boards really soon.

I recently tested latest UDOObuntu image in my UDOO quad board. In general, works better than the latest beta version. Really appreciated the fact of having totem media player included in the distro. Some feedback from my side:
    - Totem media player is not working for many of my video files. When it doesn't work it doesn't show any error message, just does nothing.
    - Fullscreen mode in Totem media player is not working.
    - Still in this distro uploading a sketch to the arduino side of the board is really, really slow.

I am one of the lucky owners of two UDOO boards (dual and quad boards). I am already using an UDOO board as the brain of my home domo system (love UDOO, really powerful platform) as having the possibility of using Linux + web server + any programming language + arduino is giving it endless flexibility. However I still miss some work related with media capabilities of UDOO: having a really stable Media player with support for most of codecs, compatibility with XBMC (app) in UDOObuntu distro, etc. Is this something you have in your roadmap? any schedule you can share with us?

Thanks and again, congrats for the great work

9. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Hi jeoliva, thanks for your kind words.

We're working very hard to improve our Official OSes (UDOObuntu and Android) adding more and more features based on your requests and a stable media player is one of our main focus right now. We know totem is not 100% working (some audio and video files are not supported) but we're going to fix the problem very soon. The sketch upload has always been very slow, we hope to find a solution to that and release a more fast IDE.

XBMC app in UDOObuntu is not a priority right now but we'll put it in our to-do-list.

I'll give you updates about new releases and improvements asap.

Best regards