UDOObuntu (Beta) is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delba, May 29, 2014.

1. ekirei

ekirei Administrator

@flipsa

we'll investigate this asap.

we are working to recompile the Totem media player to work with the gpu Vivante support like in the previous ubuntu armel version.

The only Desktop environment where OpenGL works properly in window is Unity, but we've give up it because is very heavy and slow.
    Try to run glxgear with the -fullscreen option to see it work with gpu accelleration.

Code:
    glxgear -fullscreen

2. flipsa

flipsa New Member

@ekirei:

thanks for your reply and for looking into this. let me know if i can be helpful in any way...

that said, i have a question (searching the forums and google did not really clear this up for me) about xvideo support in the vivante module. is this just not implemented upstream by the freescale people? is this a planned feature for the future? having totem specifically support vivante is good i guess, but having a xvideo capable adaptor is really a show-stopper for many people (including me). I need VLC (or better yet xbmc) because it natively supports TVHeadend as my DVB-T streaming server running on the udoo. so, what's the state of xvideo for the GC2000 in general? i'd switch to the open source drivers (https://github.com/laanwj/etna_viv), but the GC2000 is currently not fully supported because of its multiple pixel pipelines, as far as i understand...

3. bakercp

bakercp New Member

For me, Beta1 booted fine, although I was unable to use any EGL context without a black screen.

Now with Beta2, it boots fine, but lightdm fails out of the box, but ssh, etc are available.

Two logs here:

https://gist.github.com/bakercp/8a67f1c25fc2d2f0c5b2

If I try to do this over ssh, I get additional failures.:

```
    (04:08 ubuntu@udoobuntu ~) > sudo lightdm

** (lightdm:3757): WARNING **: Error using VT_ACTIVATE 7 on /dev/console: Invalid argument

** (lightdm:3757): WARNING **: Error using VT_WAITACTIVE 7 on /dev/console: Invalid argument
    ```

4. nicola

nicola Member

Thanks for the work ;) .

Me too i'm interested in having EGL support. I'm trying to compile qt5 without success.

5. TopherT1

TopherT1 New Member

Is it possible to have a LAMP stack pre-installed?

6. flipsa

flipsa New Member

first of all: starting lightdm with "sudo lightdm" doesn't work. try "sudo service lightdm start" instead.

however, looking at your lightdm.log these error messages are not the real problem anyway, because your xserver gets started but hangs up after about 60seconds. btw, i do get the same error messages and can start lightdm fine. to find your real problem, the lightdm.log logfile is not really helpful. check out the xorg logfile at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" which is usually way more verbose. there's also a "/var/log/lightdm/x-0.log" but i guess the Xorg.0.log is fine.

7. rolly

rolly New Member

A problem with Beta2 that I didn't have with the Beta (or with the other OS images):
    If it sees a sata drive, it boots off the 1st partition, irrespective of the existance of a
    "setenv mmcroot /dev/sda2 rootwait rw" command setting.

8. xaxy

xaxy New Member

love the new version BETA 2 :D .
    I would like to have sdlMame and keyboard emulation. To play arcade games with custom game pads. :ugeek:

9. Dwek

Dwek New Member

Hi,

I have been trying to get the camera working and found that I needed to do the following before the commands mentioned on the site would work.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gstreamer-developers/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0*

http://www.udoo.org/ProjectsAndTutorial ... ra-module/

Thanks

10. damoreluc

damoreluc New Member

Any chance that the usbtmc module could be added to the distro? It's useful for talking to lab instruments.

BTW, is there a repo where I can get UDOObuntu sources and compile my preferred module?

cheers,
    Luca

11. Tannyveer

Tannyveer New Member

How to run openCV sample programs . I am unable to run these programs i am not found any run button when i open openCV examples

12. nxocorp

nxocorp New Member

Any help with supporting the Motorola Lapdock would be appreciated.

13. lian999111

lian999111 New Member

I'm using UDOObuntu Quad beta2.
    I have the same issue. The "command window" and the "run" button seem to disappear when I open openCV examples. I have no choice but to run the DEMOs in Terminal.

Also, I encounter some problem when I try the camera tutorial on this official site.
    http://www.udoo.org/ProjectsAndTutorial ... lioID=1394

I can get camera’s stream in fullscreen transparency mode with no problem.
    But when I use:
    Code:
    gst-launch-0.10 mfw_v4lsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ximagesink
    to get camera stream in windowed mode, the fps is very poor.
    And the terminal kept showing me that "There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow."

I'm using the 7" LVDS touch screen instead of an HDMI screen. Don't know if that matters.

14. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

For me it works. If you wish an easier way to use the webcam, just to:

sudo service camera start

This will start a gstreamer loopback device on /dev/video7 where you can access the video stream

15. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

https://github.com/UDOOboard/Kernel_Unico

Let us know the exact kernel module you need, we'll include into the official one

16. damoreluc

damoreluc New Member

Hi mikelangeloz

I've seen the cdc-acm added into UDOObuntu (Beta2), that's pretty. I'll find useful also usblp to enable UDOO to act as a print server and the usbtmc driver to talk to lab instruments.

The repo you're referring to deals with the Linaro Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or with the new beta UDOObuntu?

cheers,
    Luca

17. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

Ok, we'll include also that. The repo is referring to UDOO's kernel, we use the same on all distros

18. lian999111

lian999111 New Member

I have already tried that...

But the video in windowed mode is still very laggy.

The message that keep being showed in the terminal is:
    WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstXImageSink:ximagesink0: A lot of buffers are being dropped.
    Additional debug info:
    gstbasesink.c(2875): gst_base_sink_is_too_late (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstXImageSink:ximagesink0:
    There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.

I have been refreshing the SD image for many times :(

19. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

Mmm... I will try to replicate that, seems weird... Do you have the camera service enabled? In this case it could be that gstreamer requests too many resources... One thing you could do is update system time and date... Let me know, I'll update you also

20. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

Got it now. I had the same issue when using 7'' LVDS panel, so it seems a resolution problem, which screen resolution are you using?