Who's gonna be first?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mkopack, Sep 29, 2013.

1. chuckjaxfl

chuckjaxfl New Member

It was fine. I transposed that first set of double zeros with the second to thwart such shenanigans.

It showed up today.

2. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

So an unboxing video of a DUAL core unitt was already posted on yourtube, linked int he comments section of the Kickstarter page.
    I just recieved my QUAD unit today, and will hopefully get some time tonight to really start messing with it..
    Here was my initial feedback i left in the KS Comment section

-----------------
    i received my Quad today.. had it started up and did some initial testing. Initial impressions are decent. There are some strange quirks with the implementation of the LXDE Gnome interface but overall its nice and clean. There is no pre-installed Arduino IDE, which i was expecting.

I will get some pictures together and maybe a short video to share if needed.
    Also, i was able to validate wifi, wireless KB (RF, not BT) and even powering the device from a EZO Power portable battery vs conventional power supply...

I did get the BT Dongle in the padded envelope, so make sure you check the envelope, its not in the UDOO box.. dont throw it away without checking :)

3. htsauce

htsauce New Member

i recived mine finally, and have beeen reveling in its awsomeness ever synce, i got a power cord, no bt or card, but i was a late pre-order, its smaller than i had expected, and 100% kickass cool fuckin beans, there will be a lot of toying with this gizmoid, :)

4. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Glad to hear that ;)

5. silverhawk

silverhawk New Member

Yup, got mine yesterday, installed the ubuntu and already started playing around with it. My first step was to disable the GUI. The next task is to implement the 'duino-side code compile and upload from the command line - this is intended to not be connected to a display so the GUI is going to remain off. Already installed gcc-avr and avrdude, just need to get a few things worked out and figured out.

6. myamiphil

myamiphil New Member

Got mine today..11/26/13 . Unboxed to inspect... need cable adaptor and files to get started....Everyting is i oder.

Will run thru tutorials first.

Phil

7. Angelo

Angelo New Member

Got my Quad today!!!
    I am going to download unbuntu now, and begin my first machine build with UDOO :D

8. Tohm

Tohm New Member

I just ordered mine. I'll definitely post an unboxing.

9. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

:D