C++ Compiler for UDOO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slemay, Jul 23, 2014.

1. slemay

slemay New Member

I'm just getting started with UDOO. Is there a recommended C++ compiler to use with UDOO? Is there one included in the distribution already? Any IDE for C/C++ development? clang and boost would be nice adder.

2. peter247

peter247 New Member

Which side the sam / arduino or imx6.?

3. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

You can use GNU C Compiler (GCC) that is already installed the the latest UDOObuntu release.

4. slemay

slemay New Member

Your video asked for suggestions on future updates. clang would be a nice addition with boost libraries and an IDE (like Eclipse) to pull it all together. And maybe its all there and I just don't know it yet (fingers crossed).

I am just firing up my UDOO Quad for the first time, the Ubuntu OS that was packaged with it did not run properly with a Lenovo usb wireless keyboard and usb Logitech mouse. Both unplugged, I could boot the device, but soon after they were plugged in the screen goes black, the monitor connects and disconnects repeatedly... Android works fine. I am hoping the the latest Ubuntu release addresses this problem... if that works I'll update the Android image. Its all getting very exciting! Thanks... I regret not getting to this sooner!...

5. slemay

slemay New Member

I was looking first at C++ programming for the ARM side of the board. Ardunio is completely new to me... and I'm looking forward to learning about the tools. Hopefully, the book "Arduino In Action" will be useful...

P.S. Please excuse my totally newbie-ness.

6. slemay

slemay New Member

Follow up. The newer operating system works much better with the usb device listed above.

7. slemay

slemay New Member

Is there any interest in using clang (v3.3 or newer) on the udoo boards?

8. emrebektas

emrebektas New Member

Hi friends,
    I can install and compile c++ project successfully with eclipse. I will explain how to install plugin.

9. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

10. whitakeshriram

whitakeshriram UDOOer

I am just firing up my UDOO Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin Quad for the first time, the Ubuntu OS that was packaged with it did not run properly with a Lenovo usb wireless keyboard and usb Logitech mouse. Both unplugged, I could boot the device, but soon after they were plugged in the screen goes black, the monitor connects and disconnects repeatedly..