UDOObuntu (Beta) is here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delba, May 29, 2014.

1. bert_harbinson

bert_harbinson New Member

Overall I am quite happy with the improvements. Unfortunately changing resolutions is a pain in the ass if you need a specific one, not available in the config tool, like 640x480. More options would be very welcome, including selectable refresh rates! Am I not aware of an easy option? I use a serial connection at the uboot stage to change it.
    Audio over HDMI is not working at all, please help me here.
    I tried the pulse audio volume control program, no luck here. I can switch to HP output but HDMI is not working.
    I tried alsamixer, selected "imx-hdmi-soc" on the "select soundcard" option, no luck.
    I tried a fresh image, no luck.
    And of course I checked if HDMI audio is working in general with this cable/monitor setup. It is working!
    Is there a HDMI and DVI mode, like on the raspberry pi? There it is possible to select: hdmi_drive=1(DVI mode, no audio) or hdmi_drive=2(HDMI with audio). I have no clue where I would be able to find these settings on the udoo.

Is there anyone with working audio over HDMI?
    I have a quad with UDOObuntu_quad_v1.0, Release Date: 2014-07-04, Release Version: v1.0
    I would be very thankful for any suggestions!

2. habusho

habusho New Member

My Ubuntu install is pretty laggy, almost unusable.
    The system is averaging 25% CPU usage without any open apps. Loading a web browser makes it almost unusable. Is this normal?
    I have the Ubuntu 1.0 version installed.

3. reiki

reiki New Member

[/img]
    Hello,
    I have the same constellation and audio over HDMI works fine. See my screenshot. I don't know why it doesn't work on your quad.

Greetings,
    Marc

Attached Files:

4. HemeDroid

HemeDroid New Member

Hi

I'm using the current version of Udoobuntu. I can't play any youtube videos in the default browser, which kind of contradicts the udoobuntu presentation. I got html5 youtube to load in firefox, but it was too slow to be of any use.

Can you please check this out? I'd like to use the board as a HTPC + web browser.

5. reiki

reiki New Member

I can confirm this situation. Same problem on my quad with Udoobuntu (fresh updated) and youtube. Not possible with default chromium browser and very slow, sometimes freezy and with lag between sound and picture at youtube. :(

6. babykin

babykin New Member

Who ya want