Alternate DC-In

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by evilpengw1n, Apr 3, 2014.

1. evilpengw1n

evilpengw1n New Member

I read somewhere on here that you can power the Udoo via the JST "DC-In" connection. This would be handy as I'm attempting to build a UPS via PicoUPS and a SLA battery. I hooked up my current power supply to the setup seen below (dc to JST connection) and powered it to the "DC-In" connection near the USB shield, but it did not power on. Any ideas why? Is there a jumper I need to swap?[​IMG]

2. Mikeee

Mikeee Member

Yikes!!! From the look of that connector the polarity might be reversed. The schematic shows pin 1 is +12V. You have the red wire going to pin 2. Power up your board with 12V at CN22 and very carefully check the voltage polarity at the DC-in connector then make sure your connector matches. I don't see any reverse polarity protection on the board so hope your UDOO didn't very silently say goodbye. Hope that isn't the case here.

3. evilpengw1n

evilpengw1n New Member

The UDOO is still kicking, but now I'm afraid what the actual polarity is. =(

4. peter247

peter247 New Member

I`ve wired up the sata plug , which I know that works , so not got that wrong.
    Looking at the diagrams the sata and power socket both have Power and Gnd in the same place , So if I put my sata lead with the tab to the left I get Gnd being the top wire , so if the diagrams are right, I agree that the polarities reversed.
    Is there a direct connection between the two plugs , can you plug the udoo in the normal way ( wall psu ) and pull power from the power in ? . ( YES IT IS )

look at this :-

http://www.udoo.org/ProjectsAndTutorial ... -hardware/