Android 4.4/kitkat ETA?

Discussion in 'Android' started by frudman, Apr 15, 2014.

1. idorel77

idorel77 Member

'' I suppose no since in case you would not ask here for help.''
    Look on the forum .

''Just get the calibration app sources and study it if you are intrested to have your touchscreen working.''
    Maibe i'm not a programmer.
    It's sound like ''if you need help, find on google'' or like you said ''you can find everywhere (for example xda forum)''

Trust me , i was looking everyware.....

And ...yes.... Primiano is computer engineer.... maibe don't need help from here.

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

First of all I would love if we all manage to avoid arguments. Peace and love in this community :)
    @modjo, @idorell77
    I think honestly we aren't perfect and there is a lot to improve. What we need, sometimes, is a bit of help from the users to help them. For sure the forum lacked a bit of support in the past, but not in this moment IMHO, I read the forum many times each day. Please, if you find some topics - not only modjo and idorell77, I'm speaking to all the UDOO community - that really lacks support we will be delighted to take care of them more.
    Regarding Android,
    Here you can find our Android tutorials. I think here there is all you need to make a project.
    http://www.udoo.org/tutorials/
    But please, in case you find some mistakes we didn't notice, tell us, and we will correct the documentation! Moreover if there are some users asking for a specific tutorial we would be happy to help :)
    What I personally don't like is to read posts like "the documentation is incomplete". Be specific, tell us where is incomplete, so we can help you :)
    Regarding the Kernel compilation, tomorrow I'll provide you some useful link, please be patient. Anyway, what I'm wondering when I read the last post of idorell77 is: why do you insist on kernel compilation if you also say you are not a programmer? Probably if you want to compile the Kernel by yourself you will need to learn how to program first. I'm saying this just for curiosity, honestly.

P.S.: peace and love please!

3. idorel77

idorel77 Member

Hi Andrea ,
    i don't agree with you . I'm not a programmer but i can compile. To compile a kernel you need some linux command.
    I insinst becose is only way to fix my problems.

Peace..ok, love ... not :D

4. Suppaman

Suppaman New Member

OK, let's try to make something constructive. I supposed you are a programmer but since it seem is not the case it became a little difficult to help you. Probably the reasons you didn't have success in find around some working solution is that in android there isn't a standard way to store calibration data that anyone can go for different ways. You found info about ts_calibrator but this is a very basic a small tool only able to make a conversion from phisical coords returned by the touchscreen and logical coord based to the device resolution. The algoritm inside is very general and is common used as base for make calculation conversion. The problem is this is only one step in make calibration process. The first step is to acquire raw coords from touchscreen during calibration phase, the second is to convert phisical to logical coords (and here help ts_calibrator), and the third is to store somewhere the saved calibration coords for allow the system to load in boot phase. As already said there is no standard than anyone can decide for the solution like more. UDOO team made some patches for allow all these steps to work but in any case is very probably it will be necessary to make some action involving programming knowledge for have your touchscreen work as expected...

5. idorel77

idorel77 Member

Teroretics i know what the app do. The other solutions is to add parameters manualy, but is not working. I try it to add parameters with echo solutions but without success.

Tomorow i will have new display with new touch. So the eGalax will be the case close.

6. modjo

modjo Active Member

@Suppaman, i don't want to compile Qt for android but for udoobuntu. If i'm trying android is just to can use Qt5, but i can't use it because usb otg debug don't work for me :?: ... that's the reason for the moment i don't compile the kernel for egalax.

@Andrea and udooTeam, i'm agree with you, you are making big effort for the forum since many weeks, and thank you for this ;) the problem is that there is no an expert in embedded Linux to resolve our problem ! Udoobuntu and android work but at 95% with the basic install. If someone try to use another thing (yocto, qt, python ...) it's more difficult to find help and information...

If i order a raspberry (i got it today :p ) it's for the community. If i have a problem i can find more people to help me and i hope i can progress like this, i'm not a computer engineer :oops: i'm noob's with basic knowledge of linux. For the moment i didn't close the door for udoo but now i need to advance on my project ... Later when i have more experience with embedded system i hope i can use my udoo quad :roll:

7. Andrea Rovai

8. idorel77

idorel77 Member

Hi Andrea,
    "Regarding the Kernel compilation, tomorrow I'll provide you some useful link"

where is the link ? :)

9. Andrea Rovai

THe message above yours

10. idorel77

idorel77 Member

ok, this is also for android?

Thanks

11. Andrea Rovai