Android on UDOO

Discussion in 'Android' started by xwalter, Jan 16, 2016.

1. xwalter

xwalter Member

I'm using Android Studio to develop an application which runs into a device mobile S4.
    I'm trying to use android distro with my udoo.
    So , how can I write my apps?
    And then , how can I use the GPIO or serial communication with arduino due by android
    I think there are a lot of problems. Android for udoo ...for what ? To see other app or to play with what.
    My problems is to find solution for embedded system
    Why do not make some good and seriuos tutorial where to explain professional use of udoo?
    What can i do when I use the terminal to set o reset some ooutput pin? ...nothing
    Other problem.....GPIO are seen as file for the end-user. I can open and close these files in java code but if I'm working with android studio in a desktop pc the code isn't compiled becasue I don't have these files ....
    At the end ....how to work in a professional way with android+udoo?

2. xwalter

xwalter Member

I think must to set eclipse configuration for ARM instead of Intel and start something like SSH server , at the end working in a desktop with eclipse but send the executable file to the udoo....but it's very complex ....really I don't know what to do :(

EDIT:
    come al solito nessun commento e nessun intervento da parte del team italiano , tanto vale portare gli investimenti sulla orange pi plus 2
    Solito atteggiamento di vendere e far sembrare chissa cosa per poi non farsene niente , 130 euro investiti per il futuro , chissà quando ....
    E' proprio un peccato , vi davo fiducia anche per il fatto di essere studenti e imprenditori italiani ma mi sbagliavo , non ci smentiamo mai

Hi xwalter, that's me, Andrea Rovai, editing this message. Please, do not write in Italian on the forum. If you truly need to say something in Italian send me a message.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
  3. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Dear @xwalter,
    yesterday 5 hours before this message I created a thread to unite all the discussions on Android Lollipop ETA, you may missed it.
    I'm sorry if you feel this much abandoned, I can ensure you that Android is coming, maybe slowly coming, but it's coming. I hope we will have the chance to restore your hope and trust.
    Cheers

4. xwalter

xwalter Member

ok....but what I would like you understsand is that udoo need to be supplied with a framework . Otherwise it means I have to manage and write device driver, software and library. Udoo is a mini pc right?

5. Andrea Rovai

Dear xwalter,
    what framework are you thinking about?

6. xwalter

xwalter Member

dear Andrea
    I mean a collection of library to work with udoo. I'm watching at linux documentations to understand how to write a driver or library to use in java or c++ and manage the GPIO , bluetooth (maybe this is connected to a serial ) , serial com (I sovled with rxtxcomm for arm in udoobuntu
    Try to image if someone wants to use udoo as a plc under android.
    Usually I use Android Studio or Eclipse to program, debug and download ".apk" into android devices .In this case udoo is like an android device but how to program it with cross-compiler ? The android language is java ,so where to find the libraries to manage the udoo under android -java ?

7. Andrea Rovai

UDOO is like a an Android device connected via ADK to Arduino.
    http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    What doesn't feel right to you? I'm asking since I don't understand.
    However we're taking actions to support more libraries on Arduino.

8. xwalter

xwalter Member

I will try to connect udoo as a normal smart phone .
    If it will work I will make a porting of WSystem wich at the moment is running (and not complete ) over a Samsung S4.
    At the moment WSystem is working with arduino due over Bluetooth (Serial port for arduino) . I have to change just the serial module but the patterns will remain the same.
    Take a look here ...
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJmvUGejM2TOA72JRQe5f5mBr67yPRhgk

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJmvUGejM2TM6Z5smD76WfTTxIijtRnOS

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJmvUGejM2TNtzdQzTU3WWq1GiWnHFFhe

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  9. xwalter

xwalter Member

I have downloaded the Android OS from here
    http://www.udoo.org/downloads/
    I did image and put micro sd card into my udoo. Android starts but slowly and out of windows. Impossible to work with .
    I open Android Studio on my desktop windows 7 and launch it .I try to connect as normally I do when I program smart phone but udoo is invisible .
    I tryied also to launch the usb driver manager that I use to find smart phone but nothing .
    After downloaded 5 times the Android kitkat for udoo quad I start to extract but a message tell me the file is corrupted but udoo start with it .
    Big trouble with android .

10. Andrea Rovai

Dear @xwalter,
    do you mean that, for example, when you open a browser it overscales? In this case, have you tried to modify your TV's scale?
    Second question: how do you connect your desktop computer running Windows 7 to UDOO?
    To download, do not use the standard Windows decompression system, use 7zip instead. Then it will be fine.

11. xwalter

xwalter Member

yes you're right , overscale ....I don't know where to do this job .....
    My computer (Win7) is connected to udoo by the usb otg . I'm using android studio for my app application .When I press play the little window shows to me the choice of the devices available but not udoo.
    Do you have a link where to understand how to connect and use android with udoo ?
    I mean the udoo is like a tablet or not? ...isn't ?
    Thanks
    Walter

12. Andrea Rovai