Any success USB-C docking unit that can work with Bolt for power pass-thru?

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by ccs_hello, May 4, 2019.

1. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

I've tried three different ones and none works.
    One of the unit I know the reason (only supports up to 15V PD pass-through, a.k.a. USB-C charging mode while Bolt needs 20V 3A so I know it will not work.)

One recent bought unit (spec. stated supports PD Charging mode up to 100W and works for Macbook Pro 2018), I thought it would take care of it (means that it should be able to successful negotiate with the upstream BOLT on the PD 20V 3A profile) but unfortunately it is not.
    < -- BTW, it's a 7-in-1 USB-C docking hub unit, supporting PD charge pass-thru, Ethernet, HDMI, SD card reader, and several USB2 and USB3 ports
    (The is how Macbook Pro type of laptop using a single "docking unit" to address the messy wiring issue.)

Now I am thinking BOLT's USB-C controller may not have the proper feature/configuration to support powering thru USB-C, if the docking unit is in the path.

Any success you have found?

2. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Hello,
    the only hardware that is currently officially supported is the one available on our online shop. We've just published the online documentation at this link https://www.udoo.org/docs-bolt/Introduction/Introduction.html

Maybe that can help you solve your issue. I'm sure that some UDOOers will come soon and share their setups, but in any case, let me know if I can help you any further.