Batocera linux on Udoo x86 Ultra

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by NickDG, Jun 26, 2017.

1. NickDG

NickDG New Member

Hi all,

I got my Udoo x86 board about 2 weeks ago, been happy with the board so far performance is really good. I'd like to turn the board into a small retro gaming console, as I finished building my 1500x1000mm CNC back in March and will be using it to mill out and create the console box :), only issue I'm having is installing the Batocera onto the internal EMMC card iv followed the installation process for the x86 image , but the Batocera os fails to boot when it's on the EMMC , if I follow the same process and run it off a SATA drive it boots fine, if I'm not mistaken is due to a driver issue , EMMC drivers not being available during boot of Batocera , The next issue is I'm no Linux developer so I have no clue to open the image and add the EMMC drivers to boot or however it's done :), I'm hoping there is someone here that is wanting to do the same project as me and knows more about Linux and adding/ configuring drivers.

If anyone needs anymore information please feel free to ask and I'll run anything I can to get you the information you need.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  3. NickDG

NickDG New Member

Is anyone able to tell me what drive is required to run the EMMC card on Linux , to enable the OS to boot off the EMMC card

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer