Battery Life Test

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jaeg, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Flamenawer

Flamenawer Member

I bought this battery pack http://store.energysistem.com/es/produc ... tery_10000 to feed 3 robot cameras and lasers.

The beteria has 10000mAh 5V output and has 5V 2A and 1A, and can use both charges simultaneously with prototección Usb to 3A max.

I tried to feed my tablet without using battery intensive 3D graphics (4-core Mali 400 @ 400Mhz) and processor (2 cores @ 1600Mgz Rockchip) completely stable for 3.5 hours doing work with Real Racing 3.All this with WIFI, BT, the maximum brightness. At the same time I connected all 3 cameras and 2 GPS with USB Hub 1A output, for subjecting the battery to maximum consumption. He has behaved perfectly, without loss of 5V.
    I think it works internally Udoo 5V so I thought might work and also delivering the 2A. I also is useful to feed the arduino shields work at 5V, not 3.3V.

I know that power is 6V quad UDOO, but still want to ask if it is possible to make it work with this battery, and I would like to buy a second to feed udoo with this battery is that I like because it has all kinds of protections Overload, discharge, short. Thing I do not see in other ebay or xtreme Deal. Also would have to come from the USA, customs and exposing myself to costs and problems to exercise the warranty.
    € 50 if somewhat more expensive than Xteme Deal for me is a reasonable price seeing that delivers what it promises.

Google translator

2. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

not easily, that battery only outputs 5v max. When you test them, you find its more like 4.9-4.95. the UDOO needs 7-12V really to work.

There are other portable batteries on the market just like the one you have except they have a 9v/12v DC output and these can be used to runt he UDOO just fine, here is an example of one: http://www.amazon.com/EZOPower-High-cap ... B005XQSN9G
    This one is also 10,000mAh, but can be plugged directly into the UDOO

3. Flamenawer

Flamenawer Member

My battery supply costant 5.14V, never down of 5.0V. I want this model for udoo for warranty and more important, size, the model of the Amazon is very big. And warranty is a problem from Spain.

No one has tried to connect to udoo to 5V @ 2A?

4. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Officially the UDOO requires a minimum of 6v to run, and really it should be 7 or more. If you ask the UDOO guys they will tell you to get a 12V 2A power supply. If you want to try using this supply what you would need to do is take a USB cable cut off the end and then splice in either a barrel connector or a JST connector for the DC-IN. Let us know how it works.

When doing this testing be aware that since this is below the minimum rated power you may have some unpredictable results.
    It will likely power up, but may not work under load, the SAM3X8 chip may not work right, the USB devices may not work right, and other strange things may happen. 5V is just below the required power so its not something i would recommend if you want this to be real stable.

5. Flamenawer

Flamenawer Member

Finally I returned to the store the battery that I had bought, and I bought the one you have advised me. Looks like I will not have warranty problems from Amazon Spain, so far only saw it on Amazon USA.. Thank you for your help.
    Sorry for my English.