BDLC controller for sensored BDLC motors

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ufechner, Nov 25, 2013.

1. ufechner

ufechner New Member

Hello,

I started the development of a two channel controller for brushless DC motors. It shall have
    the size of an arduino-mega shield.

- max current: 2x 20A permantly
    - max voltage: not yet clear. First I want do develop a 12V (nominell) controller;
    24V is also possible, but you need capacitors with a higher voltage rating, and that costs PCB space
    - speed, position and torque controll possible

I want to use the FCM8201 controller from Fairchild. This means that not much software will
    be needed on the UDOO, only an SPI driver and perhaps a position control loop.

Drivers: 6x BTN8960TA or BTN 8980TA from Infineon.

Anybody interested?

Regards:

Uwe

2. aterra

aterra New Member

That sounds very interesting, I'm thinking to convert a rock crawler into a robot and for this such a controller would be a perfect fit (the two motors[1] for front and back wheels is 149W continuous at 11.1V and of course sensored brushless).
    Another feature which would be nice is the possibility to use the hall sensors as a crude wheel encoder.
    One little detail that would improve it further for my usage is if you included a couple of servo headers and if nessecary a DC-DC converter to power the UDOO with clean power as 2x20A might result in quite some spikes on an unfiltered supply rail, however I am unaware just how robust the power supply section of the UDOO is, so it might not be necessary?

1. http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-vend ... 502&p=5502