Best fan speed settings

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Craig Johnston, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Craig Johnston

Craig Johnston UDOOer

Hi all.

I recently acquired a BOLT and would really like to quieten down the fan. In its default configuration the fan seems to be off and then it goes full speed for a few seconds and turns off again. Granted the BOLT stays nice and cool, but I would prefer it if the fan spun at a more constant speed that was effective, yet barely audible, and then ramp up if the temperature gets to 75 degrees.

I have played around with the internal controller settings however they seem to not really work the way you expect, or maybe I just don't understand them.

Please can someone help me with this. If you can provide the exact controller settings so I can just use them in my BIOS.

Thanks.

Craig.

Top Quark likes this.
  2. Top Quark

Top Quark UDOOer

Unfortunately, a lot of us have the same problem. The easiest one to lower the Fan Duty Cycle but it does not stop the fan from running high speed again if the power is left on 24/7. Temperature Hysteresis can also be reduced to 5-10 deg C to delay the reaction of the fan from temp change and increase Speed Change Duration but that will not stop the BIOS from running the fan at high speed if not used for quite sometime.

We are still waiting for a BIOS fix. If version 1.06 RC4 is what Udoo is aiming for that will fix it, that is not it. I don't know what is taking them a very long time.

Michael Liboiron likes this.
  3. Rolf

Rolf UDOOer

Any idea whether the 1.08 FW residing here helps with the issue?
    Has anyone used this FW yet?

4. hhtmp88

hhtmp88 UDOOer

It seems that v1.08 bios could fix the fan noise problem
    -> after bios update
    -> the fax will not always run at noisy Full Speed and then suddenly turned off, ...., and on again.

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

evaloverde likes this.