Best 'laptop' approach - merge monitor PSU?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jago, Jul 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jago

jago New Member

The Pi-top is one method of a DIY laptop. There are a few drawbacks and I wonder if the approach is the best or whether there might be a better way?

The first thing I notice about the setup is that all the components are in one box and I feel that's not completely necessary... but it does have some advantage; namely a simple power setup. Anyway, some of the components can be removed and replaced with something off the shelf: wireless usb keyboard, wireless mouse instead of touchpad...
    but if you try using a portable usb/hdmi monitor then you need to start thinking about power again.

Do you think it's better to stick with an LCD screen running off the GPIO, since this saves the neat power setup... or go with an external HDMI screen and start to work on merging the power source of the Pi/udoo and monitor?

2. jordanbrave

jordanbrave New Member

my winter vaccation is about to come and i want to purchase a portable monitor for myself. suggest me some good portable monitors with comparison and prices with their features.

one of my friend suggested me to read this source but after reading i am not able to make any decision.

suggest asap because i dont want to get my winters break wasted.