Bios install

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Kurt M, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Kurt M

Kurt M New Member

Hi all! I'm new to UDOO and to Linux and I've been having issues installing the newest bios... since I'm new to Linux (using this board to learn Linux) I tried installing the bios using the EFI shell on boot up. The issue is that the bios install command isn't recognized and listing the commands does not show an option for bios install. There is no complete and thorough step by step list of instructions on how to install on Linux for idiots like me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again on boot up, there is no bios install command that works on my board.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

If you bought a new Bolt i dont see why you should update. The Bolts are shipped with the latest BIOS firmware.
    But if your bios <> 1.08 then you should update.

The instructions in the pdf in the update zip are clear. But all commands depend on your own environment so they cannot give 1 script, you have to adapt it.
    Step 4: So what is your USB stick in the device table fs0,fs1 fs2 etc

Step 5: The command "bios_update <biosName.xxx>" depends on the contents on the USB disk
    If you just extracted the the Zip file to root of the USB disk the updater scrip bios_updater for EFI shell is in \Flash_tools\AFU\EFI\
    The biosfile biosName.xxx is \BIOS\C4000000.108
    So to update you should go to Flash_tools\AFU\EFI\ : "cd Flash_tools\AFU\EFI\" and run "bios_update \BIOS\C4000000.108"

3. Kurt M

Kurt M New Member

#1 Update is needed on my Bolt. Got an email from UDOO support

#2 gotcha, awesome, and thank you!

waltervl likes this.