Browser issue with Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by jsherwood1337, Oct 28, 2013.

1. jsherwood1337

jsherwood1337 New Member

Is anyone else having issues with the stock browser that comes on the Android image? When ever I attempt to download something the browser crashes. This is something that happens every time.

2. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

If you are referring to Chromium, i have not.. i have used it for several things and as long as it doesn't include flash, it has been working just fine for me.

3. jsherwood1337

jsherwood1337 New Member

Chromium comes with the Linux image not Android. I want to side load the Amazon app store but every time I attempt to download it the browser crashes. Chances are I will just have to load it up via USB. I just would have rather it work right off the bat.

4. andcmp

andcmp New Member

The cause could be the lack of the emulated/external SD card on Android OS. In other words, the browser doesn't know "where" to save downloaded contents. Next Android image will solve this.

5. alexisj

alexisj New Member

Yes, I made ​​the same observation : Crash on download and, generaly unable to save or download anything (including by ftp with es explorer)

This mean that it is impossible to install F-Droid or any package... :-/

Another strange behavior is about the uncompressed image size? Why is it so big ?? From 236 Mb to > 6 Gb !? Unable to use a 4 Gb sd card!

6. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

If it had an uncompressed 4GB size, someone might comment that's too big for a 2GB card!

I believe the decision to size for an 8GB card is the right balance. Certainly the SD that ships with the Board (if you choose the option) is an 8GB one, and that is large enough for most Use Cases I'd say. Perhaps not for just Android, but looking across all the OS options and Packages that UDOO users are using.

7. alexisj

alexisj New Member

I would rather understand why this is so big...