ByzPi/Porting Raspberry Pi images??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bugmenot, Oct 14, 2013.

1. bugmenot

bugmenot New Member

Hello,
    I would like to try using ByzPi (a Raspberry Pi OS with super cool wifi features) on the UDOO. However I am unable to get it to boot and couldn't find any documentation on how to port Pi images to the UDOO.

Download of ByzPi is here: http://project-byzantium.org/downloads/ ... 28.img.bz2

Any help on how to convert this to a usable OS on UDOO is appreciated. :)

2. firehopper

firehopper Member

I dont think you can easily, as the two are totally different cpus and everything else..

same arm type, but each has different peripherals

3. bugmenot

bugmenot New Member

Since there was no documentation at all I could find on compiling your own UDOO distro, do you know of any references I could provide to ByzPi team without them physically owning an UDOO? ArkOS would also be nice to have on this device but I am unsure how they could help without schematics. And the few distros they provide us, including the Ubuntu one is quite old...

4. miousername

miousername New Member

Hi,
    the documentation for recompiling your own UDOO distro will coming soon.
    The base filesystem is ubuntu oneiric 11.10 because Freescale has officialy released library for this distribution. If you use for example ubuntu 12.04, some video acceleration doesn't work correctly! Which is the raspberry pi image ? Debian wheezy? It will coming soon!