C/C++ Compile with Eclipse Tutorial

Discussion in 'UDOO 101' started by emrebektas, Aug 6, 2014.

1. emrebektas

emrebektas New Member

Hi friends,
    Some people want c++ compile with eclipse. I will explain how to install c/c++ plugin in eclipse.
    You can not use eclipse plugin module. When I try download plugin on eclipse I get error everytime. I do not know why I get error.
    For this reason, you can not use eclipse plugin manager.
    First of all, you should run Synaptic Package Manager and write eclipse and you can see “eclipse-cdt” package after that right click and select “mark for Installation”. Finally, you should click “Apply”. Synaptic Package Manager will install four package with eclipse-cdt. You should allow installation.

[​IMG]

If you can install successfully, you can open eclipse. I explained how to install eclipse other topic.

1-)Open eclipse click File → New → Project and you will see this page;

[​IMG]

2-) Select C++ project and click Next.

[​IMG]

3-) Click Finish and you can write code and Build it.(Project → Build All) :)

[​IMG]

Finally you can Run it

[​IMG]

Matt_Neo likes this.
  2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

This is awesome bud, i'll give it a try for sure!! Thanks!

3. mkopack

mkopack Member

Nice. There's also Netbeans but I'm betting it won't run as well (it usually seems to be more of a resource hog than Eclipse, although I really prefer Netbeans from a user perspective...)

I really wish Netbeans would include a good Python Language support kit plugin as well...

4. jonathan

jonathan New Member

Thanks for the tutorial. can you help me, i'm trying to send data from eclipse c++ to sam3x (Arduino) but nothing happened, it don't send anything, Maybe i'm configuring in a wrong way.

5. winsonlcc

winsonlcc New Member

Hi, I just received the quad board. Need to perform C++ programming on the board n compiled.
    Would like to ask which package/version you install for Eclipse? In www.eclipse.org/download have a lot package to choose. Please provide me the actual link download. Then I will follow your tutorial above on the plug in for cdt.

Thanks

6. emrebektas

emrebektas New Member

Hi, you have to download eclipse which is compatible with arm cpu. I do not know which package support arm architecture. However, you can install eclipse from Lubuntu Software Center.

Matt_Neo likes this.