Cannot connect Serial Debug

Discussion in 'UDOO 101' started by bh5643, Jun 13, 2014.

1. bh5643

bh5643 New Member

Alright, so basically, I just need to connect to the debug monitor so I can change the resolution for hdmi for android. I've followed the instructions in the starting manual and everything seems to be connected just fine but I get NOTHING. It says it's connected to the computer and everything but i see absolutely nothing and nothing I try to send goes through. I've tried everything I can think of, I even tried using HyperTerminal and NOTHING shows up. Also, I've tried on 2 separate computers with the exact same results. Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to have a certain jumper in or something stupid like that? Or maybe I just have a faulty board? I'm on a bit of a time constraint and if I can't do something this simple, it will seriously mess up my project.

Attached Files:

2. peter247

peter247 New Member

Sorry I`ve never tried the android image so I may be wrong , but as far as I know udoo android uses uboot for booting , therefore with any image you should it least get the 5-4-3-2-1 I`m going to boot from the serial .

The only thing to stop that is j5 ? , the jumper near the reset switch .
    If you have removed the jumper you are monitoring the arduino and not the imx6 side.

3. fabio978

fabio978 Member

I had the same problem. When i bought UDOO Quad + 7" touch screen, i wanted to enable it as default display but i couldn't see anything in the serial monitor.
    At the end i just found out the image wasn't written correctly to the MicroSD card (i expected something even without the card but i was completely wrong).
    After writing again the image, i could access the serial monitor and setup the touch display.

I don't know if that matters, but i used Putty to do that.

4. shivas

shivas New Member

have you got the answer , cna you see msgs on console screen