Can't get anything to install

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Frank Applin, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Frank Applin

Frank Applin New Member

Hi,

I got my Udoo x86 from the Kickstarter campaign. I initially did have Mint Linux installed on it (and that installation went easily). It sat on my shelf for many months and I decided I wanted to put straight Debian on it. So, I downloaded debian-9.3.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso and used unetbootin-linux64-657.bin to create a bootable USB stick. I've now tried 3 different USB sticks from 8 Gb to 16 Gb (and different brands). I've tried using Etcher instead of Unetbootin to create the bootable drives. I have tried different O.S.es - Debian (mentioned earlier), Mint Linux (linuxmint-18.3-xfce-64bit.iso), and Ubuntu (ubuntu-16.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso). None get any further than the other.

They all get to the point of me just seeing the desktop appear and then the Udoo reboots back to the Press Esc screen. I even got Mint Linux to boot all the way to where I had the full desktop, but when I clicked on the Firefox icon in the system tray - it rebooted back to the Press Esc screen. Does anyone have a clue as to what the hell is going on?

The BIOS has not been upgraded. This is part of my plan to upgrade - if I can ever get a desktop working. I am using the power supply that came with the board. I attach a wired keyboard, a wireless mouse (and dongle), my ethernet connection to my router, and the HDMI goes to a Spectre 32 inch HDMI TV.

Please let me know any other details I can provide. My main computer that I'm creating the bootable USB from is a Dell Optiplex 755 running debian stretch.

Linux NODE-DELL755 4.9.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.51-1 (2017-09-28) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Very frustrated - Frank

2. Laura

Laura UDOOer

Hello Frank,

Your post was copied by a spammer. The copied post received an answer from @Snakebyte, who I have quoted below.