CN6 header (SW/LED) - no HDD LED output ???

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Dave S, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Dave S

Dave S UDOOer

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully connected a HDD (activity) LED to the CN6 header?
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...000005643/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards.html

I want to see activity on my M.2 NVMe SSD drive (2280 in CN17). I connected a LED on pin 1 (HD_LED_P) and pin 3 (HD_LED_N). No output even when SSD is busy. I was expecting to see flashing when SDD is active.

I then measured the pins with an oscilliscope and again ... no output. Pin 1 stays constant high (+5v), probably as a result of the pull-up resistor in the spec / standard.

Has anyone managed to get this working? Doesn't seem the header is wired correctly?

2. Dave S

Dave S UDOOer

It's been about 2 weeks since I asked the question above. 72 views ... no reply.

Really? Has nobody tried the HDD LED connector? Surely somebody must have tried?

I just need to know if I'm doing something stupid ... or if there is indeed a layout problem on the V8 and the pins might not be wired correctly ???

Thanks in advance.

3. Jon_Smith

Jon_Smith UDOOer

4. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

What I can report is in M.2 key-B/key-M, there is a signal in pin 10: DAS.
    It is the signal for (local) disk SATA/NVMe activities.
    Whether or not, that signal is routed to the motherboard and OR'ed into UDOO Bolt's disk LED (which means on-board disk access status is combined with M.2 slot attached strage device's signal) is the UDOO Bolt's designer question.

waltervl likes this.