Compatible Wi-Fi and Bluetooth M.2 E-key?

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Stardust, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Stardust

Stardust UDOOer

Hiya, I was looking for a Bluetooth 5.1 capable module that works with the Bolt. Intel states that their 9560 solutions will only work with their own chpsets. I can verify this because when I try to use the 9650NGW that I have it isn't even detected.

Does anyone have any other solution? I have the one as suppplied by the Udoo Team and it works just fine, but I was hoping to upgrade to BT 5.x for better audio quality (with a compatible speaker which I have).

Any suggestions are welcome. :) Btw, I'm using Windows 10 Professional 1909 64-Bit, so sugesstions for Linux aren't necessary.

2. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Any M.2 board using CNVio method will not be compatible with BOLT.
    CNVio is an Intel proprietary method trying to get some of the modem functionality into Intel's CPU/SoC, similar to, in ancient time, a type of voice band modem which offload the main work to CPU <-- that movement failed miserably (for several reasons)
    (want to guess who was pushing for that direction???)

rdslw likes this.
  3. Stardust

Stardust UDOOer

Yeah I was looking for another choice and decided to order the Intel AC 9260. I should have seen the CNVio, but didn't. I can at least give the other module to a friend with an Intel platform :) Thank you for your help :)