concerning minor issues

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by zidamouge, Oct 17, 2019.

1. zidamouge

zidamouge UDOOer

finally installed windows 10 pro on v8 16gb ram version.
    I have noticed a couple of minor issues that are not a hindrance but are a nuisance. I am also curious if these issues are wide spread or far and few in between.

the fan thing of course is a concern of mine but it functions enough.
    i honestly find the noise level very tolerable just wish i could have it working more frequently to keep the temp lower. I know bios update on the way eventually.

First i noticed sleep mode did something funny that i can't remember(turned off sleep mode after the first incident). i think it didnt allow me back into the operating system.

So far 2 times when screen saver (which is set to black screen) is on normally for say 15 minutes the only way i can get back to the OS is by hitting alt ctrl del then sign out so i can sign back in. Otherwise the only functionality is being able to move the cursor.

Many times when i shut down the os it appears to fully shutdown the software, but will not power off the motherboard. Will remain green till i hold the power button. So far it has fully shutdown and powered down once.

Lastly the high pitch noise that i read about when plugged in and powered off. Read if something was in the front two usb ports that it would go away, however that is not the case in my circumstance.

I am not sure if these can be resolved with bios and firmware changes or not. Day 3 of a fresh install directly from microsoft. Samsung 970 pro nvme 1TB ssd, everything else is stock udoo parts. OS installed on the ssd not the embedded. I believe that is all the relevant information i can supply. One quick recommendation for udoo, display drivers or display driver installer on the download page for ease of access. Hopefully this helpful in some sort of way.

2. zidamouge

zidamouge UDOOer

can't edit so.. noticed one more thing with the screensaver thing. i actually can interact with the gui, however the interactions such as going to a different tab in browser or the task manager being moved will not show those actions until the next cycle of opening task manager using alt ctrl del method. Makes me think this particular issue may be graphic driver issue.