Confirming MAC address for ethernet

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Snakebyte, May 19, 2018.

1. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

Is there a way to confirm the MAC address in the eeprom for the Realtek chip? I need to make sure the driver I am porting is not reversing it. The driver has several notes that Realtek tends to transpose stuff, so this is not a hypothetical concern.

2. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

If you open up a Command window and use the ‘ipconfig’ command (Windows) or ‘ifconfig’ (Linux) then I think it should show that information.

3. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

I appreciate you taking the time to try to help, but as I indicated I am porting a driver from another operating system (to the unsupported one I am porting to Udoo x86). There is no Windows or Linux.

I do not see the MAC address in the UEFI interface, the box, or the board.

4. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

The easiest way to find out might be to boot a Linux ‘live’ CD/USB drive so that you can use ifconfig from that level.
    As to whether this is (or should be) on the board, packaging or BIOS I have no idea. I will leave it to others to suggest any alternative.

5. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

Thanks, but Linux is not an option. I want to independently verify this information, without resorting to using a specific (or any) operating system.

6. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

I found the answer. In the UEFI firmware, under Device Management, there is an option for network. It shows the MAC address.