Delivery time scale

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by G3WGV, May 22, 2017.

1. G3WGV

G3WGV UDOOer

The X86 boards are obviously getting out there now, presumably just to the kickstarter supporters at the moment. I pre-preordered an X86 ultra on 7th August 2016 and I'm interested to know when my new toy is likely to arrive. Thanks, looking forward to it!

2. ImLagging

ImLagging Member

They won't ship pre-orders until all kickstarter orders have shipped. They haven't updated us on where hey are in terms of shipping. We're seeing fewer "where's my board" from backers, so I can imagine that they should be close to being done.

I've received by kickstarter order, but now I'm waiting for my pre-orders to ship as well. I should've backed a few more, but oh well.

EDIT: Stupid spell check...

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  3. G3WGV

G3WGV UDOOer

Thanks, ImLagging, that's more or less what I was guessing the situation to be. The last update I received in mid April said that "By our estimate all shippings will be closed by mid-May" and I took that to mean pre-orders as well, perhaps wrongly. Not complaining and happy to wait my turn but I was just concerned that I've received no update... and no board!

4. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

Me too. I'm waiting for the m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth adapter, fan, bricks, ...

5. Hotte

Hotte UDOOer

Would also love to know when the pre-orders are starting to be shipped (and how long the list is). Can someone give a new estimate on that?

6. samholton

samholton New Member

Same here, excited to replace cubietruck home server

7. ImLagging

ImLagging Member

Perhaps @Laura has some insight on shipping progress...

8. Laura

Laura UDOOer

The latest update that I received from the team that handles shop orders, is that accessory orders will all be sent out by the end of the month, 31st May.

9. Alexgrind

Alexgrind UDOOer

If another company get a stronger one soon I'll canceled this one, but still anxious to have this one so soon thanks

10. samholton

samholton New Member

Same date for board pre-orders? Or is May 31 just accessories? Thanks!

11. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I was not completely correct, they are sent out now. From another topic:

12. MicroStrand

MicroStrand New Member

Hi, I'm also interested to order this board plus accessories, but I'm afraid that I also have to wait a half year than. As long as there is no reliable information on delivery I will not order anything! Luckily, there are also other x86-SBC's with equivalent performance, but much better and faster service.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  13. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I think they are very close to open the shop for normal orders. My guess would be June the 1st.

14. SteveD

SteveD Member

Last official information was that Pre-orders should be complete 5/31. Factoring in the KS production speeds, which was orignally estimated at 4weeks, and turned into 9weeks.... Pre-orders should be expected complete ~6/16, +shipping time, and that's a pessimistic projection.
    Anyways, if you can't wait and there is something that fits your needs, available now, I would say go for it.
    But if you're hesitant because you think it will be +2 months to receive your items I would say jump in on the udoo pre-order, I haven't read bad things regarding the performance (besides KS communication, shipping delays, misleading boost speed initially posted as cpu speed, or simply people having issues with first installing OS X onto Y )

15. MicroStrand

MicroStrand New Member

Of course I can wait, but not several months. The availability of the offered items is an integral part of the service. A company that treats its customers like this doesn't have to be surprised when it rains harsh criticism. I see a serious management problem here. The unprofessional approach of this company is a clear sign of incompetence at all levels. I'm very sorry for all the customers who have already ordered.

16. Laura

Laura UDOOer

The UDOO X86 board and its accessories are currently on the pre-order shop page. The reason they are listed as pre-order, is due to the high level of interest, and because they could not be sent out immediately.

UDOO is always looking at ways of improving the community experience and there are many exciting changes on the horizon.
    And to help them on their quest, they recently hired a team member from within their own community, which is something I will always be grateful for :)

17. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

From the Shop: Pre-orders are shipping, Udoo X86 orders will be available in a few days!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    stecolumna and samholton like this.
  18. samholton

samholton New Member

Awesome! Good to hear.

19. x1800MODMY360x

x1800MODMY360x Member

Curious when my order is going to ship. Pre order since October last year.

20. MicroStrand

MicroStrand New Member

The magic word from UDOO for 2017 is "pre-orders", if you want to be satisfied, be patient, customer satisfaction is like everything else still on pre-order! If you love UDOO-promises, just listen to them, they bombard you with broken promises, false assessments, and unexpected shifts (from 31st May to some day in June now). But all this does not matter, we now open a betting shop for waiting customers.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    ahs1200 likes this.