Delphi XE6 does not recognize UDOO as an android device

Discussion in 'General Programming Discussion' started by ciphertooth, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ciphertooth

ciphertooth New Member

Hi, first timer, so be gentle :D

I am building an application in Delphi that is be deployed to windows, Mac, IOS and Android.

We chose a UDOO board (the Quad processor) as the target. (Nice little machine)

I have installed both the Galaxy's driver, and the CP210xVCPInstaller_x64 drivers.

I can see both devices in the Windows device manager, neither one has an error.

I could not see the UDOO or my Galaxy S4 in the Android ADK until I followed the instructions here http://delphi.org/2014/01/custom-android-adb-usb/

After following the advice at the web page above, I can see the Galaxy S4, but not the UDOO.

The Settings I added in the Google Android Driver (android_winusb.inf) are as follows:
    ;Samsung Galaxy S4
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_685E&REV_0228&ADB
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_685E&ADB

;UDOO Quad
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_10C4&PID_EA60&REV_0100
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_10C4&PID_EA60

1) Has anyone done this before?
    2) Did I get the driver registration information wrong for UDOO / Google's driver?
    3) Is there another driver i should have loaded instead of the CP210xVCPInstaller_x64
    4) What other suggestions do you have for making Delphi see the UDOO? (IMHO, this will make for a very sweet application development platform!)

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

2. ciphertooth

ciphertooth New Member

OK, I solved this finally...

Here's the sequence.

• With the power off, Unplug the USB cable
      power up the UDoo, wait for android to boot.
      remove all debug settings.
      Power Down
      remove the J2 jumper, boot up
      Set and unset debug settings.
      Power down the UDoo
      Replace the J2 jumper
      power up the UDoo, wait for andriod to boot
      Plug in the USB cable
      Set the settings, Debug and OTG.
      On the PC, update drivers and navigate to the Directory that you have your CP210x driver downloaded in.
      If the mac addresss message finally pops up, you are on the right track! (say YES! and forever)
      Edit the android_winusb.inf file and add the seetings like the other article said,

My settings are:
    ;UDOO Quad
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E42&REV_9999&MI_00
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E42&MI_00

Now, My Udoo shows up in Delphi as a valid target, and I can compile Straight to it!

Off we go!

Thanks to all ho looked and tried. I have no idea why I had to do the move the jumper, remove settings replace the jumper and set the settings, but it worked and I hope it helps someone else who can't get to the MAC address screen, as for the Delphi XE6 settings, I know I am a lone man in the wilderness on that one, LOL!

Jerry

3. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Hahha ok nice to know you solved the problem by yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.