Design Data

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calgarykev, Oct 18, 2013.

1. calgarykev

calgarykev New Member

Hi;

With this being an Open Source project, I am wondering the the native circuit board design data is available. I would like to use UDOO as a starting point for a project I have in mind and it would save a lot of time to get the schematic capture and PCB layout in editable format. I have seen the PDF but they are of little help.

I would of course make my project files available also.

Thanks!

Kev

2. firehopper

firehopper Member

I dont know if the schematic or board files are available yet.. maybe in a while, have to see what the udoo folks say.

3. mkopack

mkopack Member

The electronic schematic is certainly available already:

http://www.udoo.org/downloads/

You want the UDoo Rev.D schematics.

The other two files in there show the layout, but not the wiring traces, so those won't help you much.

4. calgarykev

calgarykev New Member

Those are PDF's. I am hoping to access the native design files so we can edit instead of recreate.

Looking at the documentation, we are of the opinion it was done in Orcad but whatever the design was done in, I can probably find a designer using the right software.

Kev

5. KAC

KAC New Member

Was this ever determined? Are CAD files available? Available in the future? I see the PDF files, but I am interested in getting the CAD data for the x86 design. Possible?

6. Laura

Laura UDOOer

7. KAC

KAC New Member

I appreciate the 3D model, but I am sorry I was not clear in my question. I am seeking electrical CAD files, such as a schematic, library, and PCB files (not PDF, but something that can be edited and fabricated). For instance, if I want to change the form-factor of the PCB, add a backplane connector, and change some of the devices on the PCIe lanes, etc., can I start from an "open hardware" solution like UDOO X86's CAD files, or do I need to create my own design from scratch?