Development Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gdillen, Aug 23, 2014.

1. gdillen

gdillen New Member

Hi,

If I correctly read the documentation:
    I can develop the 'edge-devices' part (the connected sensors/actuators) using the Arduino IDE (on the UDOO) or a patched Arduino IDE (on local PC/Mac) and connected to the UDOO - Atmel SAM3X8E ARM Cortex-M3 CPU ?
    The 'higher-level' programming can be done using, in my case, Java 8 SE on the Freescale i.MX 6 ARM Cortex-A9?
    The interfacing between the 2 happens via a serial communication between the Atmel SAM3X8E and the Freescale i.MX 6 ARM?
    Instead of using the serial communication between the 2 parts, can I also use, as with 'standard Arduino boards is possible, using a MQTT client on the Atmel part communicating with e.g. an Mosquitto message broker on the Freescale part?

Thanks.

2. mkopack

mkopack Member

Ok, since I don't know anything about MQTT or Mosquitto I will fall back to the traditional answer:

If you can do it that way with an Arduino Due and a Linux PC (through the USB cable on the Arduino) then you can do it with the Udoo - assuming you can get an ARM version of whatever it is that you normally would run on the Linux box...

They basically are the same thing, just integrated together onto a single board. The question I would have is can your Mosquitto deal with the comms over USB (effectively Serial) ?