Dual Wifi Antenna Mounting Suggestions

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by allwet, May 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. allwet

allwet New Member

Just got my UDOO X86 rewards in. The WIFI M.2 module comes with two antennas with dual sided sticky tape for mounting. The UDOO X86 came with a plastic case. What is the recommended mounting solution for placement of the two antennas? Should they reside on the inside of the bottom plastic sheet? If so, any spacing and position restrictions to provide maximum reception?

If this information is provided elsewhere on the forum, please provide me a link so that I can proceed with a final mounting solution.

Thanks

2. FirstGenGeek

FirstGenGeek Member

I mounted the white wired antenna with the hard section at the left-rear edge of the case bottom; and the black wired antenna with its hard section to the back-right edge of the case bottom, The foil part of both antenna should face inward. This is working well for me even after I mounted a 2.5" drive to the case bottom.

You can just barely see them in the photos I posted here: http://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/a-simple-case-mod-you-may-like-to-use.6924/

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  3. allwet

allwet New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, John. I used vinyl electrical tape to temporarily mount the antennas to the bottom facing inwards until I found a better position. Having them near the edges make good sense. So far I have tested a 5G wifi connection and is pretty stable. Wifi router is on the other side of the room so no range testing yet, but that will come.