Easy makeshift Lego tower temp case

Discussion in 'Cases' started by Mozart von Robot, Jun 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mozart von Robot

Mozart von Robot New Member

It's not super stable, elegant or anything, and the sides are open, but it has a small footprint and keeps the UDOO x86 Ultra board from flopping around on the desk while I try to get anything useful running on it. This is just a temporary case until I can find the right box to put it in, but I thought I'd post it in case anyone needs a quick and easy solution (or just wants to laugh at an ugly case). Being short on certain pieces, I had to go with some emergency choices, and the drawers are mostly there because fewer pieces = more stability, but I guess they could be used for storing SD cards or something. There's definitely an even simpler version of this you could build if you just happen to have the right pieces. The fence pieces are there just to keep the fan in place, and there may be an easier solution for that as well. I don't think my final project will be lego, but for now, this is what I've got. The main reason why I went for a tower is because I don't have a lot of large flat pieces (in fact, the top part is two pieces).

upload_2017-6-9_18-57-32.png
    Anybody else got any makeshift/temporary or Lego cases to show off?

waltervl and milaremi like this.
  2. mrRandallHaf

mrRandallHaf New Member

I have been searching for a while for some different rack mount project cases.

I keep seeing the same one or two which will not work. I know there have to be many more options out there but I cannot find them. Anyone know of a supplier for a project case? I need a 2U rack mount case with a depth of 13-15".

3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Buy a standard 2HE rack, drill some mounting holes en perhaps some extra ventilation holes and you are ready to go:
    https://www.thomann.de/gb/adam_hall_87408v_leergehaeuse_2he.htm