EMBRIO.io - Visual (WYSIWYG) Arduino Programmer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adamwhalen, Jan 23, 2015.

1. adamwhalen

adamwhalen New Member

I recently stumbled upon EMBRIO.io - It is a visual editor for Arduino programming.
    Essentially, replacing even the most complex code with drag and drop items that you can interlink to develop a sketch.
    Kinda like Scratch for the R-pi, actually. Except that the code is tested in real time and allows you to see the voltages, results, inputs and outputs as you develop your code. It seems that failsafes exist to ensure the safety and security of you and your equipment which is also pretty cool! (no accidentally setting a pin to both input and output at the same time)

What I would love to see is this sort of solution ported to the Udoo Ubuntu! It could take the udoo to a whole other kid friendly market! Being able to create "agents"; and see them interacting in real time. as the program evolves from the most basic LED blinker, to a more complex project... My 7 year old could easily follow along and get into it way more!

Do any of you know of a visual editor that will run from within the Udoo; or would any of you also be interested in seeing this software ported over?

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

EMBRIO seems quite cool, i'll give it a try for sure.
    About other visual editors, UDOObuntu has Scratch preinstalled ;)