fan/firmware problems

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by rdslw, Oct 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. rdslw

rdslw UDOOer

my bolt only spins up fan for a dozen of seconds, than its quiet for half of minute or so.
    It does all the time. temperature of udoo bolt under linux reaches around 64C (no load!)

I tried other fan (noctua 5V) and here oscilations are much shorter (every 5 seconds, it spins for 2..3 seconds). of course temperature is high.

I've read a lot of problems with bolt fans (and their regulations or rather lack of it, as currently its only ON/OFF). Four months has passed, and even 6 counting from april and still no firmware update fixing it :(

2. Xeyrruken

Xeyrruken UDOOer

That is both, fan and firmware problem, I have submitted a ticket more than a month ago and my fan has never arrived, these guys have gone on complete silence. Go to uddo care and try submitting for a fan replacement and wait for the longer firmware wait on history, at least im used to that, I had to wait for cube world update for 7 years and end up being trash.

3. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Hey there,
    I just got access to the ticketing system and am trying to reply to as many tickets as possible. Did I reply to yours? If I didn't please send me your ticket number privately.

Eva

4. rdslw

rdslw UDOOer

Thanks, My ticket is 6171. I'm keen to get/test new firmware as soon as possible. currently bolt is (almost) unusuable.

5. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Ciao @rdslw , could you please check your ticket number again? Our tickets have 6 digits. Thank you for volunteering for the BIOS update, please let me know an email address we can end the BIOS update to if you didn't already. Thank you.

Keith K likes this.
  6. rdslw

rdslw UDOOer

evaloverde and Keith K like this.