feasible as a server?

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by r3drock, Jul 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. r3drock

r3drock New Member

Do you think the UDOO BOLT would be well suited as a homeserver running linux?
    I am currently using a raspberry pi 3b+ but that thing is not exactly powerful or stable and i very much appreciate the fact that this device is x86. Furthermore I would like to ask whether there is any info regarding power draw in idle?

2. Laura

Laura UDOOer

Yes, it is well suited as a homeserver. There is also the option to add an additional two Ethernet ports by attaching the module we offer in our shop https://shop.udoo.org/eu/m-2-dual-ethernet-module-kit.html

The processor of the UDOO BOLT is 12-25W. We will test and publish the power consumption of the board when it is closer to the final board revision.

3. TOMillr

TOMillr New Member

Any news on when we might expect more information on power consumption?

4. schepers_cp

schepers_cp Member

i can't give exact numbers (don't know components used for vrm and such),
    but i expect it to be around 35w max continous (50w peak with cpu at 25w boost) with cpu and gpu being utilized over 95%.
    don't pin me on this though, as alot of factors come in here, for example: the m.2 ssd can use 10w max, the arduino part uses some power as well, also depending on what you connected to it, and so on.